Angels in a reef???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cassian
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I picked up a captive bred coral beauty about a year ago with hopes that since it was captive bred it was never "taught" to eat corals by other fish on the reef. It's been in my tank about nine months now and so far it hasn't touched any coral that I've seen and I haven't seen any coral that looks like it's been munched on. Now I don't know if I have just gotten a well behaved angel or if captive breeding has anything to do with it but a captive bred angel might be something to consider or look into more.
 
I have a transitioning emporer going on 3 years. He will eat Acans immediately but no interest in anything else.
 
Thank you all very much for your replies. After much thought, I have decided to stick with the 100% reef safe angels.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new