Another fish stocking advice thread

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a 150 gallon 5x2x2 tank that is in the fallow stage due to poor judgement on my part. I am putting a list together that would like to seek thoughts and input and eventually share with TSM Aquatics. Tank is presently fallow until early November, corals are happy and progressing nicely. My list and thoughts are as follows:
1- MidasBlenny
1- Red Flamehawk
5- Ignitas Anthias
1-Flame Fairy Wrasse
1- Lineatus Wrasse
1- Rhomboidalis Wrasse
1-Potters Angel
1- Red Sea Regal
1- Gold Flake Angel or Blue LineAngel
1 - Gem Tang
**would like 1 additional tang???
2- Oscellaris clowns

would like to hear thought on grouping and what the beat way to add...I realize that I am taking chances with the Angels.
Open to all input

thanks

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I think your list is very nice.

If you have sand, I have to recommend a sand sifter like a goby/shrimp pair (my fav is a Yasha goby and a candy cane shrimp), a sand sifting star, sea cucumber, diamond goby, or similar.

I see you’re lacking a little in the ‘bottom dweller’ or ‘perching’ category. All your fish seem to be swimmers, maybe something like a long nose hawk, mandarin (captive bred), clown goby, or even a large shrimp? I always think that swimming fish are cool but when a tiny face peeks out from the rock here and there I think that’s just super awesome.

Maybe a fox face/rabbit fish? Just to round out your algae control (they eat bubble algae).

Have you considered any cool inverts? Large shrimp, urchins, conchs, starfish, etc? They’re always neat to have in a tank and definitely add to the cuc!

OP
OP
rmay6850

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my original list, just really looking for a sanity check to make sure I’m not overloading or putting together ones that shouldn’t be.
I do have the flamehawk which perches and May think about blue dot jaw fish or for low movement.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my original list, just really looking for a sanity check to make sure I’m not overloading or putting together ones that shouldn’t be.
I do have the flamehawk which perches and May think about blue dot jaw fish or for low movement.
I believe the blue dots are colder water fish and don’t do too well in the average reef tank?

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one more tang would definitely be okay, I am worried about angel/wrasse aggression with each other. Might have to post about that specifically to get some answers

OP
OP
rmay6850

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you foot gal for your response...

did I post thisin the incorrect forum? Somewhat surprised that I received input from just one individual??
Maybe I set
My expectations a little high for this platform

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any issues with your list.

I've found potters angels to be very difficult to establish. I've tried several times without success.

I'm not sure if the other angels are reef safe, have you checked them out.

OP
OP
rmay6850

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That are with caution but willing to
Try. I had two Potters in a reef 15+ urs ago, getting them to eat in the beginning is always a challenge. It will be one of the first hoping to acclimate comfortably.

thanks for responding.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks cool to me, i love angels. perhaps i suggest adding a butterfly as well since you're clearly venturing into reef safe with caution territory

obviously the angels are pretty difficult, but if you're getting them from tsm they should be good and eating. i got a flame wrasse and a multicolor angel from them a month or so ago and both have been great

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back