Anti-aiphtasias

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question here , how much would you be willing to pay for an effective mechanical way to remove aiphtasias? Knowing they wont spread and you can reach deep ones and on vertical walls ones?

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I've spent on berghia lol

$150

That's all you've spent on berghia? I've got to be above $300 by now. Plus $50 for a filefish, $350 for the corals the filefish ate, plus $100+ for all the various aiptasia remedies I've purchased over the years...

It's almost enough to make you want to just accept them into your system. =p

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard once you run out of aiphtasias a filefish might hit the rest, nonetheless I bought a 300$ laser but they keep coming back anyway, I'm building a device wich will annihilate them , thanks to my 15 years as a farm mechanic. I'll make it public on the DIY forum but I thought it would be funny to hear people swear at em pesky anemones .
So far, if you have the basic tools a man normally has , you should have to free about 50$ for it. Assuming everything goes as planned , it might be my christmas gift for r2r.
Cheers

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard once you run out of aiphtasias a filefish might hit the rest, nonetheless I bought a 300$ laser but they keep coming back anyway, I'm building a device wich will annihilate them , thanks to my 15 years as a farm mechanic. I'll make it public on the DIY forum but I thought it would be funny to hear people swear at em pesky anemones .
So far, if you have the basic tools a man normally has , you should have to free about 50$ for it. Assuming everything goes as planned , it might be my christmas gift for r2r.
Cheers
Big if true.

And yes, a filefish will absolutely destroy your corals once it runs out of aiptasia to chomp on.

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen an electric wand zapper thing.
Not a laser, a probe to electrocute it.

If you’ve found some way to take these things out easily and completely, you’ll be rich....

Predators carry other risks.
Yeh they say it turns the aiphtasia to hydrogen. What I'm planning will have more uses than just hurt things

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teaser

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I take a wild stab? Like a grinder that would pulverize the nem and possibly the rock its latched into and it being in the tube leads me to believe it'll be vacuumed out.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see the video teaser though I desperately want to! Can someone link on YouTube?

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there was flaws with the design.
This morning, I did temporary changes so I can start testing today!!! There will be some aiphtasias destruction in a very near future. What's being added? Ease of fabrication! Stay tuned =)

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there was flaws with the design.
This morning, I did temporary changes so I can start testing today!!! There will be some aiphtasias destruction in a very near future. What's being added? Ease of fabrication! Stay tuned =)
Patent that before posting anything more. Sell the patent to the highest bidder. Its not about the money its about the sad feeling of someone stealing an awesome idea. Following this thread for DIY wins!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve tackled an infestation for $30
Blue face kleini butterfly that eats them like candy and eats all frozen and dry foods, friendly and does not bother my coral

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tackled an infestation for $30
Blue face kleini butterfly that eats them like candy and eats all frozen and dry foods, friendly and does not bother my coral
Nice =) thanks for the advice,
I'm not here for he money or for the fame either. I am simply seriously tired to deal with pest anenones , bubble algaes and every other unwanted algaes for that matter.
The reason I will make it a DIY is becose if any reseller/reverse engineers wants to build it comercially, I just want them to be unable to sell them at a very high price. The ease to build them will keep them from.
I am not the first to think about this concept, probably everyone did before, all I did is find a simple way to make it work great (it will still need a lot of improvement tho)
As for patents, I own some and it is too much cash/trouble and I don't have that kind of time/money right now.
Anyway, All I want is to give r2rs community a present for christmas.
Cheers.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%

Back