Any Experienced Cucumber Keepers?

had one for 4 years before..have one now for months. It split a month ago and sold it back to lfs. Free cucumber!
 
I have always kept Tiger Tail Cucumbers. I have had bad experiences with them perishing when purchasing from a store they are just too stressed. I purchased one from Blue Zoo Aquatics and he is doing great. They get a bad reputation for being the cause of tank crashes but the tiger tails are great. Their like one giant earthworm. Eating the dirty sand and pooping out clean pellet shaped bundles of sand, which the mucus holding it together eventually breaks down and clean sand it left. Eventually their will reproduce in your aquarium by splitting and the process continues. I find them very beneficial.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new