Any from Delco, PA Area?

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sal, sorry I missed your message from earlier this week. I really appreciate you reaching out! I know that diseases are unavoidable, so that is not the reason for me not returning. Rather, it's your employee and his response both times I went in to seek feedback (second time, I was hoping to find you). I'll reach out to you privately.

@ everyone else in this thread... like I mentioned in my earlier post, Sal is extremely nice and really helpful! This is a perfect example of how Sal has treated me every time I've been in his store.
I stopped by Aquarium Specialties and Research on Friday afternoon and you guys nailed it. Great coral selection and Mike is the man! The store was a bit busy and he was busy helping two other customers, but still let me know that he would get around to me. This gave me some time to check everything out.

He spent a good 15-20 minutes chatting with me and giving me some guidance on corals and my setup. Plus, I came home with two pieces of coral, a chalice and an orange ricordea. Thanks for the recommendation guys!
did you mention you heard bout the place off R2R?

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped by Aquarium Specialties and Research on Friday afternoon and you guys nailed it. Great coral selection and Mike is the man! The store was a bit busy and he was busy helping two other customers, but still let me know that he would get around to me. This gave me some time to check everything out.

He spent a good 15-20 minutes chatting with me and giving me some guidance on corals and my setup. Plus, I came home with two pieces of coral, a chalice and an orange ricordea. Thanks for the recommendation guys!
Got any pics of your new purchases I got a ricordea a year ago and it has turned into a baby maker if your ever interested in a green one lmk

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was in Wayne yesterday afternoon so I drove over to Aquarium Specialties. I guess I should have checked to see if they were open on Mondays, lol ;Facepalm. Oh well I'll try again after vaca.

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any pics of your new purchases I got a ricordea a year ago and it has turned into a baby maker if your ever interested in a green one lmk

I'm still learning how to take pictures of the tank, especially when only the blue lights are on. Chalice coral taken with both my blues and whites on and the ricordea was taken with just the blues on.

YqPGfvS.jpg

4zAvEYs.jpg

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was looking to rent a PAR meter from BRS but wanted to see if you guys would want to split the cost on purchasing one? If we can get 6-7 people it would be as much as renting. Anyone interested?

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was looking to rent a PAR meter from BRS but wanted to see if you guys would want to split the cost on purchasing one? If we can get 6-7 people it would be as much as renting. Anyone interested?

Ok how about this, I'm going to try and rent the MQ-510 from BRS for a week when I get back from vacation after Labor Day. I'll probably only need it for a day or so. If anybody's interested in using it while I have it let me know.

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok how about this, I'm going to try and rent the MQ-510 from BRS for a week when I get back from vacation after Labor Day. I'll probably only need it for a day or so. If anybody's interested in using it while I have it let me know.

Sorry I missed your message from Sunday. I'll gladly split the cost with you to rent one.

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple other things...

I have a Yellow striped Cardinalfish that needs a new home. I bought four and a trio formed and bullied him out. His fins got a little nipped and he's been in my sump healing up and looks good now. If anyone's interested let me know.

Also I'm looking for macroalgae. If you have a refugium let know next time you harvest. Maybe we can trade for a Cardinalfish ;).

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grow
Couple other things...

I have a Yellow striped Cardinalfish that needs a new home. I bought four and a trio formed and bullied him out. His fins got a little nipped and he's been in my sump healing up and looks good now. If anyone's interested let me know.

Also I'm looking for macroalgae. If you have a refugium let know next time you harvest. Maybe we can trade for a Cardinalfish ;).
No room for cardinal but my chaeto grows like a weed in my refugium you are more then welcome to the clippings I just throw them out

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks Vince! No hurry, I have some in my fuge but my nutrients got too low and it got infested with GHA so I'd like to start over with some fresh stuff. I'll be on vacation till after Labor Day, maybe we can meet up at/before Philly Splash if you're going? Anybody else planning on going? Looking forward to my first show and the vendors look great with JF, Unique and Cherry Corals!

BTW, still have the cardinal if anyone wants him. All my fish were quarantined for two weeks so he's healthy and happy.

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will definitely be at Philly splash hit 75$ on a scratch off the other day got that money put aside lol

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks Vince! No hurry, I have some in my fuge but my nutrients got too low and it got infested with GHA so I'd like to start over with some fresh stuff. I'll be on vacation till after Labor Day, maybe we can meet up at/before Philly Splash if you're going? Anybody else planning on going? Looking forward to my first show and the vendors look great with JF, Unique and Cherry Corals!

BTW, still have the cardinal if anyone wants him. All my fish were quarantined for two weeks so he's healthy and happy.
How big is this cardinal got any pics

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will definitely be at Philly splash hit 75$ on a scratch off the other day got that money put aside lol
Nice! I'm tryin to be cheap on vaca so I can bring home some extra $$!

How big is this cardinal got any pics

Here's the best pics I can get. The sump isn't well lit. I'd say he's 2-2 1/2".
0813191147_resized.jpg

0813191142d_resized.jpg

Here's one in the tank for a better idea of what they look like...
0813191144a_resized.jpg

Tom Carr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I'm new to the hobby and looking for local places/people to buy frags from or any clubs that might be in the area to connect with. Anyone in the area?

I am also from Delco. Aquarium World in Chi Chester on Meeting House Rd is a little hidden Gem.
It's a small store but they have a great coral selection that they get from local reefers which allows them to keep their prices low.
I am just getting back into reefing after a 6 year hiatus.
Check them out. Here is a link to their website.
www.aquariumworldpa.com
You can also find them on Facebook.

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I'm tryin to be cheap on vaca so I can bring home some extra $$!

Here's the best pics I can get. The sump isn't well lit. I'd say he's 2-2 1/2".
0813191147_resized.jpg

0813191142d_resized.jpg

Here's one in the tank for a better idea of what they look like...
0813191144a_resized.jpg
Yeah sorry I’m gona have to pass

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back