Any from Delco, PA Area?

Secondhandreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vince nice to meet you as well! Totally agree with everything you said and really detailed response. I would just add one thing to what Vince said.... for captain memos, hidden reef, and fish factory, notice Vince said great for corals! I would NOT buy any fish from any of those stores anymore unfortunately. Even hidden reef hidden reef used to be my go to for fish but the quality of their livestock has really gone down over the past few years.

I’ll have to cheek out the other places you named !

And will they be doing Philly splash again this year ? If so we should all go
You should try TSM in Sewell Nj.

Secondhandreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow don't know how I missed all these posts, only got one alert? Anyway, I'm in Springfield also. Looks like we have enough to start a club here, lol :). I've been to Mini Reef a couple times, it's right down the road (420) from me. I talked to Sal and he gave me some good advice. I've heard a few stories but mostly good. I guess it's like that with any LFS as Vince said. I've heard good things about Aquarium Center in NJ too. They're on the list of places to visit along with Aquarium Specialties.

Another is TSM Corals. Anyone go there? I hear they're top notch and a little $$ but they QT everything before selling. They just opened a new place in Sewell, NJ in June. They've been closed since April and FB page looks like they are loaded with nice stuff.

I still miss World Wide Aquarium in UD. That was my go to place back in the day before it changed hands. I can't remember the orig. owners name (Jack??) but we had a mutual friend. He really knew his stuff (especially cichlids) and could talk fish all day. I heard he opened another store?? (thought it was maybe R to R??? Don't quote me on that tho.)

I don't think I'll be making the frag swap at DSU. My tank is new and still isn't as stable as I'd like so I don't want to add anything just yet. It's the reason I haven't been to many LFS. It's too tempting to bring something home :D.
TSM is great. I was able to see the store right before they opened back in April and it’s much bigger. They should have a huge selection of coral and fish by now. A lot of higher end stuff.

Mike Porreca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone going to the frag swap September 28th in Lancaster at that pet place? I’m from the Hazleton area, and there is absolutely nothing around these ways.

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Reading. I cant wait for Philly splash. Phenoxville has Coralust you will see them at philly splash. Not to far of a drive if you like anything online and want to pick it up.

Mike Porreca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the one back in I believe February it was they had there. It was decent, definitely excited to see what’s there at this one. Anyone interested in doing a trade at all? I have a nice bleeding apple I was thinking about letting go.

308093CC-B74D-4ECE-8BEA-2716D8C2D940.jpeg

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the one back in I believe February it was they had there. It was decent, definitely excited to see what’s there at this one. Anyone interested in doing a trade at all? I have a nice bleeding apple I was thinking about letting go.

Is that thing for sale I dont have anything I want to trade right now that is equal to that. Beautiful peice.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone going to the frag swap September 28th in Lancaster at that pet place? I’m from the Hazleton area, and there is absolutely nothing around these ways.

I'm over in White Haven. I'm in the middle of a tank reboot, but hope that I'll be growing enough to make some trades within the next 12 months.

Mike Porreca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm over in White Haven. I'm in the middle of a tank reboot, but hope that I'll be growing enough to make some trades within the next 12 months.
I should have a nice collection going by then as well. Have a 40 breeder frag grow out tank running just need to wait for the cycle to finish then gonna load up. I need to frag some stuff as well.

3EFBC0D4-69E6-475E-A21B-1104BB32FF89.jpeg

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have this awesome cardinal but I don't think that's gonna get the job done :D:D:D!

Mike Porreca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this awesome cardinal but I don't think that's gonna get the job done :D:D:D!
Haha. I don’t think so unfortunately. I’m open to offers though. I would at least need to get what I got in if I sell it outright.

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have loved to have gone but came home from vaca to a dino outbreak :mad:. Had a list of what I wanted an everything. I was going to just go check it out but my heart wasn't in it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back