Any id on these 3 acros

  • Thread starter Thread starter maxwell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

maxwell

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Messages
616
Reaction score
1,102
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ID on these 3 acro's
DSC_5051 diesel getting pink tops.jpg
DSC_5037 DC homewrecker yellow polyps.jpg
DSC_5020 pink an yellow tips.jpg
 
Microlados
Tenuis
And maybe another tenuis? The last one doesn’t show enough to get a decent id on.

They are all really cool and I really like the green and orange tenuis in the middle!
 
I'd say first is more likely A. Nasuta. Second is probably A. Tenuis, and third reminds me more of A. Hyacinthus but with such a cropped in shot hard to tell.
Thanks for the id ,the 3rd is just a small frag so had to crop it to get better image if its Hyacinthus i will move it .
 
The first acro is a Reef Ready Grape Juice. When I got mine from Adam at Battlecorals, he said it was A. Microclados and he's usually spot on.
 
The first acro is a Reef Ready Grape Juice. When I got mine from Adam at Battlecorals, he said it was A. Microclados and he's usually spot on.

Many people mistake nasuta for microclados, because both have nariform radial corallites, but micros are usually sharper looking, and lack the small notch before the lip, I believe grape juice is a nasuta, compare its morphology to hillers aquadelight, ORA Laura purple polyp etc etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new