Any JKR rainbow colonies?

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag of this that I been growing but curious what a full size colony looks like. Here is my frag I took with my cell phone.

IMG_1803.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking that I've seen several of those colonies around, but not sure who has them. Hopefully someone will chime in. Maybe some of our #SPSExperts know of some. Let's see those pics!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Bubba does yours look like a large colony now?
I think it does. The JKR Rainbow is a very underrated coral IMO. It was one of the first corals I fragged from my display and started to grow another in my frag tank just because I liked it so much.

This is the one in my display
JKR Rainbow colony November 1.jpg

This is the one I started to grow in my frag tank and I believe it looks much better than the one in my display. It gets way more par than the display one. The polyps are actually that red.
JKR Rainbow frag tank Jan 8th.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JKR Rainbow is a great coral that never has needed any tricks to look great.

There is a JKR Rainbow 2.0 that is really nice too - heard, although not confirmed, that it was a graft of the two original corals as the OG JKR Rainbow, but this time the tips are blue.

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it does. The JKR Rainbow is a very underrated coral IMO. It was one of the first corals I fragged from my display and started to grow another in my frag tank just because I liked it so much.

This is the one I started to grow in my frag tank and I believe it looks much better than the one in my display. It gets way more par than the display one. The polyps are actually that red.

Feel free to frag that one for my next order ;)

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WOW! Excellent! I have a small frag that I am waiting to grow into a mini colony. I have mine at the top of the tank in the center so hopefully it does well. I have notices it seems more hardy than some other acros as I got some burnt tips on others and it remains unaffected. Here is what I started with a little over a months ago. It's now encrusting the whole plug.
JKR RAINBOW 11-29-2018.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one needs some size before it starts to shine, IME. It will start to look good at real colony size of 3-4 inches like the ones shown in the photos.

Mine does better with lots of light.

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one needs some size before it starts to shine, IME. It will start to look good at real colony size of 3-4 inches like the ones shown in the photos.

Mine does better with lots of light.
Yes, I am hoping it starts to shine once it starts taking off. It is getting about 400 PAR under T5 for 7 hours with lots of random flow. I can't wait to see how it looks in 1 year.

Mouse84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

skittles taste the rainbow :)

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JKR Rainbow is a great coral that never has needed any tricks to look great.

There is a JKR Rainbow 2.0 that is really nice too - heard, although not confirmed, that it was a graft of the two original corals as the OG JKR Rainbow, but this time the tips are blue.

Sorry for the off topic, but what is a graft?

Thanks

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much.

Is there any guide of do and don't in coral grafting or any literature?

Been years in this and never heard anything.

Thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back