Any monti-only/monti-dominant tanks?

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason, my brain got curious last night about if anyone has a a montipora only/dominant tank? I've seen tons of acro dominant, but don't think I've seen monti-dominant. Not planning on doing one, merely curious if anyone here has one and would share a picture? Would be neat to see.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to see one. In my tank I have red cap, green cap with red polyps, orange cap, green spongeodes, RR Tropic Thunder, JF Brain Freeze and a rainbow encrusting. Montis are one of my favorite corals and I’d definitely like to see a tank filled with them

OP
OP
AngryMike2016

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to see one. In my tank I have red cap, green cap with red polyps, orange cap, green spongeodes, RR Tropic Thunder, JF Brain Freeze and a rainbow encrusting. Montis are one of my favorite corals and I’d definitely like to see a tank filled with them

Me too. If I ever went insane and started a third tank, I think I'd have to go all monti.

Mtb_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 lagoon that’s coming up on it’s one year mark. I plan on stocking with montis zoas and Florida rics. Just beat dinos so working on stability now.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Jake Adams has one in his videos. Other than that can't say I've seen one.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is kinda ending up Monti-dominant - not intentionally but only because I can't seem to keep my Acros happy while the Montis just grow like crazy. The branchier-growing digitatas have the same look as some of the Acros anyway...

The Reef Builders Monti-dominant tank is featured really well in a recent video:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back