Any one else using Tropic Marine Pro Reef Salt?

aquatony

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2017
Messages
245
Reaction score
148
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fresh batch of water mixing to 5.5-6 alk?? Should I switch salts ? Anyone else having better luck with their bucket of salt? Expensive stuff as it is.
 
Try stirring up the salt in its container and mixing a new batch to see if that helps. Otherwise I would be looking for a new salt.
 
I’m mixing a fresh batch of Tropic Marin Pro right now, just tested it and it’s 6.6 dKH with a Hanna checker. TMP does have a lower alk than others; I did some research on it before using it, evidently their target is 7 dKH. I’m using Triton supplements and it’s the recommended salt so I went for it.
 
I’m mixing a batch right now, just tested it and it’s 6.6 dKH with a Hanna checker. I did some research on it before using it; it does have a lower dKH than others, their target is evidently 7 dKH. I’m using Triton supplements and TMP is the recommended salt so I went for it.
 
Same here. I bought it because I'm setting up my system based on Triton and they recommend 7-8 dkh.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/daltreys-red-sea-reefer-750-xxl-build.351366/

20180118_214443.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new