OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just printed a picture off of the printer, and took a sharpie and outlined it on the pumpkin. i used a hobby exacto knife for the rest. its mostly just skinned though. you cant get the detail very well if you cut all the way through b/c the image wont hold its shape, or look right. so i just cut a couple of small holes to let more light through

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you just cut it out deeper to make the color lighter or darker. That's cool how he is like different shades of orange.

yup, basically. i experimented on a different pumpkin first. if you just skin the outer tough skin, no light really will show through as the pumpkin is still like an inch thick (unless you got a really bright light in there).

that was by far the hardest part. to keep digging down, but not break through into the inside. i tried a number of tools to accomplish this.

by far the best method, was i went to lowes and bought a blade that would be normally used for a saw of some sort (like a jig saw blade or something else that is long). i bent one side into an "L", and used that to kinda skin/scoop out deeper pulp out of the soft skin of the pumpkin.

i tried a carrot pealer, and couldn't achieve the angle i wanted. i'm sure there are other kinds of pealers but i didnt have the patience to find the right one. i think they even make special tools now for work like that on pumpkins.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 146 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 120 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back