Anyone else have the Soda Popinski?

Discussion in 'Battlecorals' started by MTBake, May 15, 2018.

1. MTBake

MTBake Valuable Member R2R Supporter

Just wondering if anyone else has this one. I wanted it because of the name really. I spent soooo many hours trying to get past him in Punch Out, lol. Kudos to Adam and his super original names! And what a cool acro!

I can verify this is Battle approved as well. I've lost several sps frags over the past 2-3 months but not this one. He just keeps doing his thing.

Since threads need pics, here's the best I could muster with my Galaxy S6 on the fly.

20180515_195959.jpg 20180515_195901.jpg 20180515_195943_001.jpg

Tags:

2. bubbaque

bubbaque Never enough SPS R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

I knew I remembered seeing one in a for sale thread. This is not my pic and belongs to reefnjunkie.
    IMG_0129.JPG

MTBake and 29bonsaireef like this.
  3. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I had one, but lost it in my crash. I'll be ordering another when my tank recovers. It was one of my favs.

Rakie and Greenstreet.1 like this.
  4. Greenstreet.1

Greenstreet.1 Valuable Member

Same here for me got it when Adam first released it. It’s one of my fav BC Lost it will be ordering one when I order my first BCP for this tank restart.

5. MTBake

It really is a cool piece. I'm not a good photographer, yet. But it has this cool purplish green shimmer to it. I can not get it show in pics at all. Got a buddy coming over this weekend to help me take better pics of my tank.

bubbaque likes this.
  6. 29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef Well-Known Member

Here is mine. I've had it a few months now, and recently just shot that top branch out and has been growing rather quickly since. Not much color yet, but hoping with new growth the colors will come.
    IMG_1201.jpeg

MTBake and bubbaque like this.
  7. MTBake

Now that's a good representation of the color I see. Much better pic than mine.

29bonsaireef likes this.
  8. 29bonsaireef

Yeah it's mostly a greenish/teal for me. Mine is low in the tank around 200 par. Not sure if it needs more light to get all the multi colors, but the growth is good in this spot so I'm going to leave it here for now and see what happens.

9. MTBake

I do not have a par meter and have never mapped the par in my tank. My best guesstimate would be 250 to 350 par. The tips on mine are turning purpleish.

10. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

And you didn't get me a frag of this one?! I'd still have it for you :D

11. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

It unfortunately was a part of the first wave of death that happened during my travels. :(

12. 29bonsaireef

Stumbled across this image on Instagram. Not sure if it's the same coral, but looks really similar.
    IMG_1419.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted