Anyone else having issues with a negative balance on BRS rewards points?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having issues where periodically my current balance will be negative, which results in me being unable to spend points that I earn.

For instance, now (I have made some large purchases, so I do have points), but I have 4,247 points. If you add up my last 3 transactions (+1201, +3140, +314), that alone is 4,655 points.

This shouldn't be possible, and I'm having a hard time explaining it to BRS staff.

also, I always spend all of my points when I purchase, so there isn't really a way that I could have any expire.

points.png points2.png

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @TexanReefer
Sorry to hear about the points issues. I'll have our customer service team take a look into this right away and I'll send you a PM shortly.

Edit: It looks like our customer service team has already fixed the issue and the points have been restored to your account (top line of your screenshot). Is there a separate issue that you're having with your points?

OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @TexanReefer
Sorry to hear about the points issues. I'll have our customer service team take a look into this right away and I'll send you a PM shortly.

Edit: It looks like our customer service team has already fixed the issue and the points have been restored to your account (top line of your screenshot). Is there a separate issue that you're having with your points?
I appreciate that they fixed the expired points, but the same issue remains. The account somehow has a baseline points value as negative, instead of 0.

Over the last week I have earned 4,655 points, but I only have 4,247 points, even though I haven't spent any points in the last week, the only way this is possible is if the account has negative points. (btw, I know the account has negative points because I have seen it with negative points before). If I earned 4,655 points, without spending any, logically I should have at least 4,655 points.

It's like if I gave you $100 and you deposit it into your bank account. Then you check your account, and it only has $70 in it...the only way that would be possible is if there were a negative balance in your account.

edit: I hope this all makes sense, sorta feel like I'm taking crazy pills with no one seeming to understand lol :). I'm sure its just some technical glitch. Is there a possibility that the account can just be reset?

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate that they fixed the expired points, but the same issue remains. The account somehow has a baseline points value as negative, instead of 0.

Over the last week I have earned 4,655 points, but I only have 4,247 points, even though I haven't spent any points in the last week, the only way this is possible is if the account has negative points. (btw, I know the account has negative points because I have seen it with negative points before). If I earned 4,655 points, without spending any, logically I should have at least 4,655 points.

It's like if I gave you $100 and you deposit it into your bank account. Then you check your account, and it only has $70 in it...the only way that would be possible is if there were a negative balance in your account.

edit: I hope this all makes sense, sorta feel like I'm taking crazy pills with no one seeming to understand lol :). I'm sure its just some technical glitch. Is there a possibility that the account can just be reset?

Sending you a PM. I don't want to accidentally post any of your account info publicly.

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I logged in tonight and saw that I had -965 rewards points, pretty impressive when i use as soon as I get them and was at +230 after my last order. So something funky is going on.

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an email saying I had 29000 points that were going to expire. No way I didn't notice that. Sounds like they are having some issues.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I logged in tonight and saw that I had -965 rewards points, pretty impressive when i use as soon as I get them and was at +230 after my last order. So something funky is going on.

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue too. Shoot an email to our customer service team and we'll get it corrected right away. Going forward, this shouldn't be an issue as we have a fix in place. Rewards points balances shouldn't ever be negative.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]
Live Chat: BRS website

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your points everyone. They got a few issues...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220714-081453~2.png
    Screenshot_20220714-081453~2.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 92

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your points. Happened again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220804-073514~2.png
    Screenshot_20220804-073514~2.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 85

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I complained about this a couple of months ago as well. @Bulk Reef Supply subtracts expiring points from your current balance, effectively charging you for unused points and making it impossible to build up points.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply I’m having the same issue. I’m at -21,000 pts. I’ve made a fair amount of purchases over the last month or so for a new tank and I went to get my “splurge” items with the points. What gives?
5CD59A1B-FE64-40D9-B61D-A0D66CC98135.png

Sorry to hear about the points balance issue. Reach out to our customer service team via any of the methods below with your account email address and we'll get this fixed up.

BRS Customer Service

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the points balance issue. Reach out to our customer service team via any of the methods below with your account email address and we'll get this fixed up.

BRS Customer Service
Thanks. Shot an email over yesterday. Hopefully I’ll hear from you guys once you dig out from the weekend.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A year later and balances can still go in the negatives. So much for fixing this last July.
We are sorry this is still happening. I'll let our web team know that the fixes implemented haven't fully resolved the issue and that it's still in need of a better fix. So that we can restore the points back for you appropriately, please let our support team know so they can update your account.

Back