Anyone else having issues with AlgaeBarn shipping times?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with AlgaeBarn and shipping, or if we're just getting unlucky. Our last 3 orders have had shipping delays. Last order ended up being 10 days late... This order, it was supposed to be delivered today. I had emailed them yesterday since I hadn't seen tracking, they said I should receive an email with tracking yesterday evening. Never did, emailed again this morning, no response still. I've been ordering from them since September and had really good results and experiences. But these last few times it just seems like somethings changed, and not for the better.

This order was supposed to ship UPS 2-day air, delivery date of today. So, I'm just assuming since I haven't heard anything that it won't ship now until next Monday. Just a little frustrating, just wanted to see if this is becoming common and others are experiencing the same. Or, if I'm just getting unlucky these last few times and no one else has this issue than I won't worry much and try my luck again and continue to wait on a response. And not sure if this was the right forum or not.

InactionJackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with AlgaeBarn and shipping, or if we're just getting unlucky. Our last 3 orders have had shipping delays. Last order ended up being 10 days late... This order, it was supposed to be delivered today. I had emailed them yesterday since I hadn't seen tracking, they said I should receive an email with tracking yesterday evening. Never did, emailed again this morning, no response still. I've been ordering from them since September and had really good results and experiences. But these last few times it just seems like somethings changed, and not for the better.

This order was supposed to ship UPS 2-day air, delivery date of today. So, I'm just assuming since I haven't heard anything that it won't ship now until next Monday. Just a little frustrating, just wanted to see if this is becoming common and others are experiencing the same. Or, if I'm just getting unlucky these last few times and no one else has this issue than I won't worry much and try my luck again and continue to wait on a response. And not sure if this was the right forum or not.
I just got an order from them…took the 2 days..

OP
OP
Rennurdoar

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My last 2 orders took a long time to process and the current one is late. They are taking a lot longer to reply to emails as well.
That's about my experience, my order is still showing processing on the site. Even though they responded to the chat I did on the site yesterday saying my order had a batch number and should ship out. So maybe it is a little more common, maybe they're just getting a lot more orders than usual?

InactionJackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about my experience, my order is still showing processing on the site. Even though they responded to the chat I did on the site yesterday saying my order had a batch number and should ship out. So maybe it is a little more common, maybe they're just getting a lot more orders than usual?
You can’t trust the post office, I sent a box old video games to my brother and the box was delivered empty! Literally empty…lol

OP
OP
Rennurdoar

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can’t trust the post office, I sent a box old video games to my brother and the box was delivered empty! Literally empty…lol
Oh, I'd be very upset but agree on the usps lately. Its why I chose UPS this time.

Daenion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either they lost staff or too many orders. Definitely sounds like they are overwhelmed.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Always have shipping problems. They’re super nice but their logistics are caca. They’re good about it but the number of screw ups ending in dead creatures and a nearly a thousand.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used them a couple times, but that was over a year ago. They were fine with delivery then, but nowadays after hearing this I’ll look elsewhere.

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had major ice storms the day before delivery was supposed to happen in Wisconsin. Delivered in the two days. No complaints from me, I’ve always been satisfied and will continue to order from them.

Edit; this was last week, so very recent

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get phyto from them once a month, i think they delayed a shipment once due to tempa back in december, but I order via BRS on fridays and get the phyto shipped from algae Barn standard shipping on the following wednesday

OP
OP
Rennurdoar

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We had major ice storms the day before delivery was supposed to happen in Wisconsin. Delivered in the two days. No complaints from me, I’ve always been satisfied and will continue to order from them.

Edit; this was last week, so very recent
I get phyto from them once a month, i think they delayed a shipment once due to tempa back in december, but I order via BRS on fridays and get the phyto shipped from algae Barn standard shipping on the following wednesday

I usually get stuff once a month or every couple of weeks depending on my need. These last few orders have been the only ones I've had issues with. Hopefully just a phase. Like I mentioned I've used them since September with good experiences, just not these last few orders. Just unfortunate for me lol

OP
OP
Rennurdoar

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Edit: @AlgaeBarn has reached out and resolved the issue in a fair and acceptable manner. I will try them again after I receive this order next week. Hopefully all goes well, I've always enjoyed their products.

Edit: 2: it went back to same issues with shipping with no resolution on our last two orders as well... Since this order.

Last edited:

trsmith18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, took 5 days for 2 day shipping...pods didnt make it

SuthernReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid for 2 day shipping and today will be 3 days since I put my order in and it still shows as processing. With it now being a Friday, I'm betting it wont ship until next week. Very frustrating.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back