Anyone else having issues with AlgaeBarn shipping times?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rennurdoar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I paid for 2 day shipping and today will be 3 days since I put my order in and it still shows as processing. With it now being a Friday, I'm betting it wont ship until next week. Very frustrating.

Yeah my last few orders have been like that. If I order the Friday before or Monday same week, pay for 2 day or overnight shipping with an ETA delivery date. They've still just been shipping the next week.

I don't know what is going on with them anymore. Used to be I could order on a Monday and have my stuff from them Wednesday if I paid for that shipping.

@AlgaeBarn any input or updates on shipping delays? Should we all just plan to have to order a week ahead with no same week shipments anymore?

I've been debating trying some of the other vendors on here now. I just feel Algaebarns customer service has went down hill the last year.
 
I am currently looking for other vendors as well. Thing is, I order pompom Macroalgae with this order too, having hard time finding people with both pods and pompom macro
 
I lpve algae barn, and it seems theee is a reason when they have those delays when I order from them, usually 2 day on a friday comes the fillowing wednesday. But the only problem i have had is the live phyto been looking light. I switched to powdered spirulina for a month to give them a break to let those phytos build back up.
 
I lpve algae barn, and it seems theee is a reason when they have those delays when I order from them, usually 2 day on a friday comes the fillowing wednesday. But the only problem i have had is the live phyto been looking light. I switched to powdered spirulina for a month to give them a break to let those phytos build back up.
That's how it used to work for us too. Now ordering on Fridays we get our order ten days later. Even if it says that following Tuesday or Wednesday.
 
Subscription order suffered processing delay the first time but ever since has been spot on. They’re online chat/subsequent emails have always been prompt, I’ve been at a loss reading this thread. The first order I ever made (one off) I got a duplicate order from another carrier same day. Subscription vs one-time order delays? But even then that’s not a great way to get people on subscriptions. This is a bummer to hear about and I’ll shout if things start to go awry.
 
Got here by googling but I put in an order last Friday and paid for expedited two day shipping and haven’t received tracking yet. Reached out on Wednesday via email and no response either. Pretty disappointed as I spent 200 bucks on some algae and pods..
 
Also posting here...placed an order on October 25th, shipping info created Oct 30th...still hasn't been picked up or any update on tracking. Have created multiple support requests as I'm out of Phyto now and worried about my pod population :(

I know @AlgaeBarn posts here sometimes..hope everything is Ok.
 
Also posting here...placed an order on October 25th, shipping info created Oct 30th...still hasn't been picked up or any update on tracking. Have created multiple support requests as I'm out of Phyto now and worried about my pod population :(

I know @AlgaeBarn posts here sometimes..hope everything is Ok.
I think once in a while they don't have stock and are stuck waiting on cultures. I've used a couple vendors and this seems to happen with phyto occasionally. I notice some like reef by steele explicitly states that they ship on harvest day.
 
I think once in a while they don't have stock and are stuck waiting on cultures. I've used a couple vendors and this seems to happen with phyto occasionally. I notice some like reef by steele explicitly states that they ship on harvest day.
I too have seen AB have a culture crash, but they were always pretty proactive about it. The fact I got the email that the order "Shipped" already is weird though.
 
Just wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with AlgaeBarn and shipping, or if we're just getting unlucky. Our last 3 orders have had shipping delays. Last order ended up being 10 days late... This order, it was supposed to be delivered today. I had emailed them yesterday since I hadn't seen tracking, they said I should receive an email with tracking yesterday evening. Never did, emailed again this morning, no response still. I've been ordering from them since September and had really good results and experiences. But these last few times it just seems like somethings changed, and not for the better.

This order was supposed to ship UPS 2-day air, delivery date of today. So, I'm just assuming since I haven't heard anything that it won't ship now until next Monday. Just a little frustrating, just wanted to see if this is becoming common and others are experiencing the same. Or, if I'm just getting unlucky these last few times and no one else has this issue than I won't worry much and try my luck again and continue to wait on a response. And not sure if this was the right forum or not.
Just wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with AlgaeBarn and shipping, or if we're just getting unlucky. Our last 3 orders have had shipping delays. Last order ended up being 10 days late... This order, it was supposed to be delivered today. I had emailed them yesterday since I hadn't seen tracking, they said I should receive an email with tracking yesterday evening. Never did, emailed again this morning, no response still. I've been ordering from them since September and had really good results and experiences. But these last few times it just seems like somethings changed, and not for the better.

This order was supposed to ship UPS 2-day air, delivery date of today. So, I'm just assuming since I haven't heard anything that it won't ship now until next Monday. Just a little frustrating, just wanted to see if this is becoming common and others are experiencing the same. Or, if I'm just getting unlucky these last few times and no one else has this issue than I won't worry much and try my luck again and continue to wait on a response. And not sure if this was the right forum or not.
It’s not just you i placed a order Monday evening and now it’s Wednesday night witch means I’ll more than likely have to wait untill Monday as they claim before they ship it on my order it still says processing even though it was supposed to be overnight shipping tried contacting for a refund on my shipping fee and they have been no help whatsoever
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new