Anyone else having issues with AlgaeBarn shipping times?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Rennurdoar

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I paid for 2 day shipping and today will be 3 days since I put my order in and it still shows as processing. With it now being a Friday, I'm betting it wont ship until next week. Very frustrating.

Yeah my last few orders have been like that. If I order the Friday before or Monday same week, pay for 2 day or overnight shipping with an ETA delivery date. They've still just been shipping the next week.

I don't know what is going on with them anymore. Used to be I could order on a Monday and have my stuff from them Wednesday if I paid for that shipping.

@AlgaeBarn any input or updates on shipping delays? Should we all just plan to have to order a week ahead with no same week shipments anymore?

I've been debating trying some of the other vendors on here now. I just feel Algaebarns customer service has went down hill the last year.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lpve algae barn, and it seems theee is a reason when they have those delays when I order from them, usually 2 day on a friday comes the fillowing wednesday. But the only problem i have had is the live phyto been looking light. I switched to powdered spirulina for a month to give them a break to let those phytos build back up.

OP
OP
Rennurdoar

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I lpve algae barn, and it seems theee is a reason when they have those delays when I order from them, usually 2 day on a friday comes the fillowing wednesday. But the only problem i have had is the live phyto been looking light. I switched to powdered spirulina for a month to give them a break to let those phytos build back up.
That's how it used to work for us too. Now ordering on Fridays we get our order ten days later. Even if it says that following Tuesday or Wednesday.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscription order suffered processing delay the first time but ever since has been spot on. They’re online chat/subsequent emails have always been prompt, I’ve been at a loss reading this thread. The first order I ever made (one off) I got a duplicate order from another carrier same day. Subscription vs one-time order delays? But even then that’s not a great way to get people on subscriptions. This is a bummer to hear about and I’ll shout if things start to go awry.

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got here by googling but I put in an order last Friday and paid for expedited two day shipping and haven’t received tracking yet. Reached out on Wednesday via email and no response either. Pretty disappointed as I spent 200 bucks on some algae and pods..

Siberwulf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also posting here...placed an order on October 25th, shipping info created Oct 30th...still hasn't been picked up or any update on tracking. Have created multiple support requests as I'm out of Phyto now and worried about my pod population :(

I know @AlgaeBarn posts here sometimes..hope everything is Ok.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also posting here...placed an order on October 25th, shipping info created Oct 30th...still hasn't been picked up or any update on tracking. Have created multiple support requests as I'm out of Phyto now and worried about my pod population :(

I know @AlgaeBarn posts here sometimes..hope everything is Ok.
I think once in a while they don't have stock and are stuck waiting on cultures. I've used a couple vendors and this seems to happen with phyto occasionally. I notice some like reef by steele explicitly states that they ship on harvest day.

Siberwulf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think once in a while they don't have stock and are stuck waiting on cultures. I've used a couple vendors and this seems to happen with phyto occasionally. I notice some like reef by steele explicitly states that they ship on harvest day.
I too have seen AB have a culture crash, but they were always pretty proactive about it. The fact I got the email that the order "Shipped" already is weird though.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back