Anyone enjoy woodworking?

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cutting board coming along nicely. Want to do an butterfly/bowtie inlay, started on a practice piece since it would be my first time and the dang Harbor Freight bit I got from my wood working friend last about 1 inch before breaking. Will have to hit Rockler or Woodcraft tomorrow for new bit 20200522_203458.jpg 20200522_195438.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is just one, each side is just the opposite wood, thanks for the good comments. It was my first attempt at a cutting board and doing an inlay. :)

My bad, but regardless, it looks terrific and no one's going to believe that was your first time doing a cutting board or an inlay...lol. :cool:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm sure glad I looked through the thread and saw some of the first class wood work being shown here first.
I almost posted pictures of the planter boxes I made out of cedar fence boards..
Like a first grader bringing home a finger painting for mom to put up on the refrigerator.

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure glad I looked through the thread and saw some of the first class wood work being shown here first.
I almost posted pictures of the planter boxes I made out of cedar fence boards..
Like a first grader bringing home a finger painting for mom to put up on the refrigerator.

No way...this thread is for all of us...post 'em up and let's see those planters. I for one love seeing items made with repurposed wood.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post away!!!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No way...this thread is for all of us...post 'em up and let's see those planters. I for one love seeing items made with repurposed wood.
Lol
Maybe I'll make some new ones. I'm trying to figure out how to make some of those oak barrel style planters out of cedar.
I found some cedar boards that are actually 7/8" thick, full of tight knots, and cool grain at lowes.
I have some larger orange azaleas that are in need of larger than 25 gallon pots.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t build it, I just repurposed it…….A kitchen hutch turned into a flat screen TV stand, with surround sound.

My wife despises our flat screen TV. It’s an ugly black rectangle on the wall in the living room.

So she was at an estate sale and spotted a kitchen hutch she really liked.

Hutch 1.jpg

I was called to come pick it up, and we now had this pine hutch. Although it was staged in the kitchen, I think it was in the garage or basement and used for storage, because of the poor condition of the two horizontal surfaces.

I cut out the three shelves, leaving a small part of the shelf in the center, for our surround sound speakers.

Hutch 2.jpg

After a fair amount of sanding and drilling a couple holes (my wife insisted in not seeing the wires), I stained the piece and gave it two coats of polyurethane. The TV was mounted and all wires hidden…..in between the two drawers I installed a shelf and put a power strip there. Drilled a hole in the back, and all power cords are now hidden.

Hutch 3.jpg

Happy wife, happy life!

(I just realized the reflection in the TV....a stepper. When our gym closed (I think in March), I installed a stepper and recumbent bike in our living room. I convinced my wife that no one was coming over to the house, and we still needed to exercise.)

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t build it, I just repurposed it…….A kitchen hutch turned into a flat screen TV stand, with surround sound.

My wife despises our flat screen TV. It’s an ugly black rectangle on the wall in the living room.

So she was at an estate sale and spotted a kitchen hutch she really liked.

Hutch 1.jpg

I was called to come pick it up, and we now had this pine hutch. Although it was staged in the kitchen, I think it was in the garage or basement and used for storage, because of the poor condition of the two horizontal surfaces.

I cut out the three shelves, leaving a small part of the shelf in the center, for our surround sound speakers.

Hutch 2.jpg

After a fair amount of sanding and drilling a couple holes (my wife insisted in not seeing the wires), I stained the piece and gave it two coats of polyurethane. The TV was mounted and all wires hidden…..in between the two drawers I installed a shelf and put a power strip there. Drilled a hole in the back, and all power cords are now hidden.

Hutch 3.jpg

Happy wife, happy life!

(I just realized the reflection in the TV....a stepper. When our gym closed (I think in March), I installed a stepper and recumbent bike in our living room. I convinced my wife that no one was coming over to the house, and we still needed to exercise.)

Terrific repurpose Paul...that turned out great.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back