Anyone from the North East area? Worm question

Railrider1920

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
126
Reaction score
1
Location
NW Fla Panhandle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in NJ, along the coast. I used to go fishing all the time as a kid up there. One of the things we used as bait was "blood worms". It is a SW worm that is dug up out of the mud. It had these hooks that would come out to grab you while you were trying to get it on the hook. I used to just cut the head off to avoid getting bit.

I was wondering what these worms are. Am I likely to ever find something like this (with pincer like jaws) in a reef tank?
Thanks
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new