OP
OP
Kolby’s Reef

Kolby’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galaxia. Looks like it’s been going through a rough time but those are strong corals & can make a come back.

I just got this not too long ago from a guy it came with his tank and none of them had opened up now a few of them are. I was wondering is this why you think it could be dieing? This is for anyone out there I don’t know a lot about this type of coral. So i’m just curious as to what I can do to save it and how you guys can tell it’s dieing. Thanks

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this not too long ago from a guy it came with his tank and none of them had opened up now a few of them are. I was wondering is this why you think it could be dieing? This is for anyone out there I don’t know a lot about this type of coral. So i’m just curious as to what I can do to save it and how you guys can tell it’s dieing. Thanks
Why do we think it’s dying? It’s not fully extended, neighboring mouths are totally dead with no extension, some mouths are more receded than others but all still very receded. Here’s a healthy frag for example.
9096E317-9CCD-4B83-978F-31167FB0FFC1.jpeg

At night time look for feeder tentacles and feed it mysis & reef roids. It should come back for you assuming your water parameters are ideal.

OP
OP
Kolby’s Reef

Kolby’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do we think it’s dying? It’s not fully extended, neighboring mouths are totally dead with no extension, some mouths are more receded than others but all still very receded. Here’s a healthy frag for example.
9096E317-9CCD-4B83-978F-31167FB0FFC1.jpeg

At night time look for feeder tentacles and feed it mysis & reef roids. It should come back for you assuming your water parameters are ideal.

Thank you I appreciate it! I feed all of my coral reef roids every other day. Also I just checked all of my water levels and they are good my magnesium is a little high 1410 and phosphates might be a little high other than that everything is good. Also just wanna give a shout out to you lol you always replying to me and providing me with more information everytime I post! Appreciate you brother [emoji1364]

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I appreciate it! I feed all of my coral reef roids every other day. Also I just checked all of my water levels and they are good my magnesium is a little high 1410 and phosphates might be a little high other than that everything is good. Also just wanna give a shout out to you lol you always replying to me and providing me with more information everytime I post! Appreciate you brother [emoji1364]
Anytime man! You got this! :D

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I inherited a galaxea (galaxy) just like this. I can tell many of those heads are dead. I had one that looked just like this but with many more live heads.

But it is 100% a galaxy not a torch.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You'd be surprised what will come back to life in 6 weeks.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with majority. Galaxia just make sure you give it room to grow. They have a very aggressive sting and can kill other corals very easily. Their sweeper tentacles can also come out pretty far in search of food and dominance

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back