• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Anything Else Needed? (3D Print)

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished up helping with a custom 3D print for @KTipp and had a lot of fun doing it. If there is anyone else that needs any help with anything let me know as I am more then happy to help if I can! It did end up costing KTipp a couple bucks for the plastic but I still think it will be overall cheaper then if he would have had ordered the part even if it was still available.

Let me know if I can help as I find helping others on here is just so much fun!

Here is KTipp Project we just wrapped up:
Original Idea:
20190829_164405.jpg

Final Outcome after he had a few Versions and some time to think about it. Also thank goodness for sketchup as we could see our errors before the print even happened.
Cover for KTipp V3.jpg
Cover for KTipp V3-Filled.jpg

I will post Pictures of the final product, unfortunately this is a very large piece (10.5" x 6.5") so we had to split the print and glue, but I still think it will turn out nice!

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whaaat i was a cool cover like that lol. I love 3d printers had someone make me some dosing tub holders came out great and super duper cheap! good stuff

Maokin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in need of a solution for my AFS and my new mesh lid. Four months into reefing and I have already had two fish mortalities one jumper and one blended in a powerhead. Attached is my AFS on the tank with the mesh lid. Basically all the food currently dumps right on the rail of the lid directly in front of the AFS. Two ideas I had was a triangle-based ramp I could attach to the lid for the food to land on then slide into the mesh, then the tank. The second idea was having a new mounting bracket made so that the entire AFS sits an inch or so into the tank. Willing to pay for material, labor and shipping for a solution.

20191001_152801.jpg

SVP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished up helping with a custom 3D print for @KTipp and had a lot of fun doing it. If there is anyone else that needs any help with anything let me know as I am more then happy to help if I can! It did end up costing KTipp a couple bucks for the plastic but I still think it will be overall cheaper then if he would have had ordered the part even if it was still available.

Let me know if I can help as I find helping others on here is just so much fun!

Are you offering to build the ideas or offering to help others who have the 3D printers? Because I do not have a 3d printer. But what I need is fairly straightforward I believe. I want a cuvette drying and holding station for red sea, hanna, and salifert.
Something like 2 spiked rows of 10 spaced so the cuvettes dont scratch each other. On each end legs that dont allow it to tip over easily.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys sorry been a couple few days since i have been on R2R. I am battling some sort of illness and just hasn't been fun. I am offering to help anyone that needs anything 3D Printed and or designed for custom parts/pieces.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in need of a solution for my AFS and my new mesh lid. Four months into reefing and I have already had two fish mortalities one jumper and one blended in a powerhead. Attached is my AFS on the tank with the mesh lid. Basically all the food currently dumps right on the rail of the lid directly in front of the AFS. Two ideas I had was a triangle-based ramp I could attach to the lid for the food to land on then slide into the mesh, then the tank. The second idea was having a new mounting bracket made so that the entire AFS sits an inch or so into the tank. Willing to pay for material, labor and shipping for a solution.

20191001_152801.jpg

Sorry everyone, as I posted before I was very ill.... No good, but either way I am back on my feet and feeling a little better. Should be back to normal in a week or so but in the time being at least I am in the "well enough" bracket.

I think this would be a fun project and would do help you out! I agree small bracket that would inset the feeder by an inch or so would be a great idea. Should be a pretty simple print/design as well.. If you want to give it a shot shoot me a quick PM and we will see what we can come up with.

Reefermadness89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a flow nozzle for my peninsula 20, but wanted to draw up something with bidirectional flow up and down, to compliment the Wavemaker I’m getting.
I mess around with tinkercad for my drone stuff but not very good with it honestly, I usually just rip other people’s designs and go from there.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefermadness89 Well Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! I am also not by any means a professional model maker but I do enjoy doing it! I think that is the key, as long as you enjoy it 3D Printers lets thoughts thoughts come to life with very little cost!

Reefermadness89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if I ever get around to drawing something up I wouldn’t mind paying for a print or two.
Apparently my friend with the 3d printer here sold it. It was a work of art, the entire framing was rickety wood, and if it rained it kinda swelled and made ****** prints, but I crash my Drones enough that it was a non issue lol

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would need the diameter of the inside and outside of the guard both where it snaps onto the base and at the end of the guard. (So the diameter of both sides inside the plastic and outside... I would also need the length... No idea if you have any backups, but if you did you could also send the guard to me and I could do all the measurements I would need. I would then send it back to you with the finished Guard. i assume it would run you about $45 said and done.... You could print as many "Extras as you like for $5-7 extra.... So making a few might be a good option. Just a couple Ideas...

Pete Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need legs for my frag rack. rack has 1/2" round holes. need legs 4" tall need 6.

also need for same rack, divider legs, so I can connect them, using the same 1/2" hole.

What's the longest leg you could make?

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello- I need some sort of cover for my Kessil 360W for the light spilling. Dome /round shape similar to a lamp.
I posted a thread here and there are pics from a member.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th longest I can make legs are 9.5" - If you would like some make shouldn't be a problem! Simply shoot me a PM and I will get them drawn up in Sketchup!

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cover for my Kessil 360W for the light spilling

No problem at all! If you have a link to something someone has already made that would be great, saves us a bit of design time! If not, we can create from scratch too. Shoot me a PM and I would be more then happy to help!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back