Apex connection

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to improve connectivity on my Apex so I just ran an ethernet cable to it. The issue I'm having is that it still is connected to wifi with the ethernet cable plugged in, I'm getting communication on the Apex and at my switch but if I pause the connection that still shows on my wifi I completly lose communication in fusion. Is there a setting I need to change that I can't find?
I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to network stuff and still somewhat of an Apex newbie.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try holding the reset button with a paper clip for 5secs should reset the wifi. This should remove the connection info. Then if you wish to ever wifi just go through the local setup, like when you set it up for the first time.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try holding the reset button with a paper clip for 5secs should reset the wifi. This should remove the connection info. Then if you wish to ever wifi just go through the local setup, like when you set it up for the first time.
I read some stuff about the reset button, this won't wipe out the programming I've done so far, will it?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the normal behavior of the reset button:
  • Press & release = Reboot
  • Press & hold 6 seconds = WiFi Setup Mode. The logo will turn blue, then you can connect to its Apex_Setup### WiFi signal, and access the Apex at http://172.16.0.1. No programming is lost.
  • Press & hold 30+ seconds = Factory Reset. The logo will turn red. All programming and settings are wiped out.
When the Apex has an Ethernet cable connected and that cable has a valid link to your network, that connection will be the primary and override the WiFi connection. Once the Ethernet connection is dropped, WiFi will take over. Only one of these connections is active at a time.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the normal behavior of the reset button:
  • Press & release = Reboot
  • Press & hold 6 seconds = WiFi Setup Mode. The logo will turn blue, then you can connect to its Apex_Setup### WiFi signal, and access the Apex at http://172.16.0.1. No programming is lost.
  • Press & hold 30+ seconds = Factory Reset. The logo will turn red. All programming and settings are wiped out.
When the Apex has an Ethernet cable connected and that cable has a valid link to your network, that connection will be the primary and override the WiFi connection. Once the Ethernet connection is dropped, WiFi will take over. Only one of these connections is active at a time.
Is there a way to verify that it is connected to ethernet and not to wifi? I'm thinking it's not connected to ethernet since when I pause the wifi signal (Google mesh network) I completly lose communication even with the ethernet cable plugged in

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to verify that it is connected to ethernet and not to wifi? I'm thinking it's not connected to ethernet since when I pause the wifi signal (Google mesh network) I completly lose communication even with the ethernet cable plugged in
What is the Ethernet cable plug into? Does it plug into one of the Google mesh extenders, or directly to your router?

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the Ethernet cable plug into? Does it plug into one of the Google mesh extenders, or directly to your router?
I have it plugged into a 5 port switch, my modem and the Google mesh are both plugged into the same switch and are working fine. I've tried switching ports and still don't get any connectivity with the wifi paused to the Apex

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too tech savvy so I did some reading online and I think the problem may be that I'm trying to use a switch instead of a router

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it connected! I put the switch after my router (the main Google mesh device) and, after a few resets, it finally connected through ethernet. I was trying to connect the router, Apex, and my modem to a switch together. I now realize that doesn't work

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back