OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey r2r looking for recommendations on some float switches..

1: to be used in my skimmer's waste container so i can turn off the skimmer if it get to high..
2: to be used in the sump as a low level detector to shut off my return and skimmer pumps..

gonna hook it up using the IO breakout box..

edit: the real issue is how i'm gonna install the float switch in the waste canister..

Last edited:

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sells some float switches.

I'm not sure how good the ones are that you linked to in the other thread. It doesn't look like there is much travel for the float and I'm wondering if you'll have issues if you have any sort of surface disturbance (i.e., from a powerhead in your sump). Also, it looks like you have to drill the sidewall in whatever vessel you are using. Personally, I'd prefer to install one vertically so there is less chance of anything leaking.

CJ

erayk1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CJO: Can you show me what your B_Sun and W_Sun profiles look like? Those are what I am having difficulty with right now...

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The profiles are just ramping up from 0 to 100%. The blue ones are over a 30 minute time period, the white ones are over a 120 minute period.

CJ

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
App Update:

So Neptune systems came out with their own iPhone app on Oct 21, 2011
App Store - AquaController Apex

ironically its exactly like aquanotes except for a few things..
one great improvement is the Graphs it loads soo much faster.. my guess is that it only pull the graph of what you want where as aquanotes pulls all graphs..

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED ramp questions..

have any of you found a way to not have the ramp up/down restarted whenever you choose either on/off from auto....

vbsaltydog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED ramp questions..

have any of you found a way to not have the ramp up/down restarted whenever you choose either on/off from auto....

There is no way to continue a profile session. If you change the outlet status or have a power outage then the outlet will start the assigned profile all over again.

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having some. Questions about programming. I just got my lite tonight. I wanted to program my stuff all as advanced. Specifically one of my powerheads. When I use the wizard for pumps I get a sequence of off/on/off. Which I just have set to on all the time. But what I'd like to do is to be able to have the powerhead turn off @ night. However there is no 24 hour format available under the pump wizard. And likewise the problem with the advanced wizard is that I'm unable to retain the "feed" function. Is there any way to remedy this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

vbsaltydog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you are asking. Just set the pump outlet to advanced and write the code. The code would be similar to:

fallback on
set off
if outlet daylight = on then on
if feed0 then off

where you have an outlet named daylight that controls your daytime lighting.

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New issue, who uses the phone application? I get it to work fine for about 8 hours but then my IP changes @ the house and I can no longer access the. Controller. I go to ehatismyip. Com and enter this into my wan ip. But that is changing every few hours. Do you guys use a static ip to your modem? Or is my router changing my ip?

Ltlevil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to access from outside your home network or through your wi-fi? I am assuming you first acccess at home then leave and try to access it from outside. You need to use something like DYNDNS.org and port forwarding in order to maintain a static IP address. There is an entire section in the Comprehensive User's Guide specifically about this.

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to access from outside your home network or through your wi-fi? I am assuming you first acccess at home then leave and try to access it from outside. You need to use something like DYNDNS.org and port forwarding in order to maintain a static IP address. There is an entire section in the Comprehensive User's Guide specifically about this.

Yes i followed that guide, but my ip is still being shuffled, the wan ip
The ports are fwded, the apex has a static ip. It seems my router doesn't

Last edited:

Ltlevil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your actual IP from the ISP is going to change or "the lease will expire". That is what DYNDNS is for, basically you give your network a name and dyndns tracks the changes to your IP address and points the name you set up ion the account to what the new IP address is. If you do not have a DYNDNS or equivalent account it will not work or rather it will work until the IP address changes. If you think youve done everything the guide tells you then I suggest calling Neptune support and maybe they can walk yopu through it.

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your actual IP from the ISP is going to change or "the lease will expire". That is what DYNDNS is for, basically you give your network a name and dyndns tracks the changes to your IP address and points the name you set up ion the account to what the new IP address is. If you do not have a DYNDNS or equivalent account it will not work or rather it will work until the IP address changes. If you think youve done everything the guide tells you then I suggest calling Neptune support and maybe they can walk yopu through it.

Alright that makes sense. DYNDNS.org ill set up an account tonight ty

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help. I accidentally deleted my aquabus. I was having issues after my electrician turn my power on and off several time today so I did the intut and it deleted the aquabus 8 that controls everything. How do I add it back in?

vbsaltydog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help. I accidentally deleted my aquabus. I was having issues after my electrician turn my power on and off several time today so I did the intut and it deleted the aquabus 8 that controls everything. How do I add it back in?

Ask your question in the neptune sponsor forum on reefcentral or call Paul at neptune support.

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up my Apex this week.
Was running a basic light timer with a T5 light.
I set up my LED's last night.
I could turn them on and off with timer or manually.
Today I got the web access working.
Downloaded the latest firmware.
Now 2 of my LED sets will not power on at all and the other 2 will not power off all.

Any suggestions??

Steve

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have profiles setup for the LEDs? Are you dimming them with the V ports?

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

unplug/rebplug the usb into a different spot should get it back

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back