Apex customer service

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has any one else had a horrible experience with Apex customer service? I've called two times and everytime before I say anything they are already giving me snarky comments

I didn’t expect a “support call” to be something that would be scheduled 4 days later or whatever it was, and not just a “wait on hold” type of thing, but once I got the call, it was great

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your issue @Gonzo74 ? Would it be worth shooting @Vinny@GHLUSA @Matthias Gross a PM?
I have private messaged Vinny and tagged him in a post.
The issue is I need to Send my Doser in for repair and I will be traveling in 3 weeks, so I kinda need to get it in soon.

no sure why they have responded to other random tickets but not the repair ticket. And the other tickets were put in after the repair ticket.

Disappointing to day the least.

U

User1

View Badges
Has any one else had a horrible experience with Apex customer service? I've called two times and everytime before I say anything they are already giving me snarky comments

By Apex do you actually mean Neptune customer support? Or are you talking about another company? I see Apex here, then talk of GHL, then a tag of Neptune. Not trying to nit pick but clarity would help.

If you are talking about Neptune then my answer would be negative. I've had nothing but the best experience every time I call or send in a support ticket. This goes as far back as 2000 when I had an original Neptune controller that used the X10 relays.

I've called and they asked if it was an emergency. It wasn't so asked me to send a ticket via email and I would get a call back. I did within 4 hours. I've sent a ticket in on a Saturday not expecting to hear back until the next business day. I got a email back on Sunday morning. I've sent in a ticket on a Cor 15 pump, my trident, and my ATO pmup. Cor 15 was a bad cable. The sent a new one. Support lad calls me back and asks me to check firmware which ended up being the problem. I said I'll send the cable back they said no, keep it.

Trident? Reagents emptied and my readings/measurements are off. I replaced them and missed a step in the directions. They called back and explained everything to me. Also asked me to send in some log files so they could make sure and update docs so it doesn't happen to someone else.

Me, personally, nothing but great support. I've had similar amazing support by Coralvue, Reef Angel, Lifereef, and Pacific East Aquaculture. Maybe I have a lucky cricket.

I've had horrible experience with Dodge and SunPower...go figure. So maybe not so lucky of a cricket, yeah? But no - Neptune has been above average in my experience.

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say I've had that experience were very helpful in my case. I caused a myssync of chip clock and phone clock they actually had to work to fix it because it screwed up the logs. Hope this changes for you

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t had a lot of reasons to contact Neptune customer service, but when I have the response/resolution has been quite satisfactory. Best way to ‘enhance’ your experience is to have reasonable expectations.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never tried calling, but I have opened several tickets via email or via their Support website: http://support.neptunesystems.com/support/home

In each case, I received an email reply either the same day or following day, and in several cases I received phone calls from a support rep to talk through the problem or remotely connect in to troubleshoot. In fact, when I had a Trident issue, I got a phone call from Paul, the guy you see in Neptune's YouTube videos and who made the Trident setup videos.

They've been very responsive for me. No complaints here.

Reeflover21526

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Always happy with the support, easier to open ticket and quicker to get response. They follow up ticker very promptly. Will trouble shoot the problem first before send it. Schedule a call is the last solution where they have to get control your apex. Most of the time they can determine the problem and have you send it in by email.

If they wanted to schedule a call, meaning they can remotely fix it for you without have to send it.
As I said, always happy.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree w/Saf1 - nothing but great service from Neptune customer support. Recently had sensor failure on ATK and contacted Neptune on Sat not expecting to hear from them until Mon, they replied within the hour.

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Marcelo Simon sorry to hear you had some trouble with our team or did not feel 100% taken care of in your call. I see you have created a support ticket and we have requested a good time to call today. Please let us know and we'll be happy to assist!

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for all the feedback! I am new to the forums. The emails I recieved were great they tried helping. I need to make a phone call and I swear to you I would get an attitude every single time I called. I honestly just felt like selling all of the equipment I bought. This is my first aquarium controller. I could understand if I was a rude customer but it was within the first 5 minutes of the representative asking me what the problem is. I will try again and see if there is any difference. Thank you all for all of your feed back and I am sorry for some of yall that did have trouble! P.s I did mean neptune apex not GHL.

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By Apex do you actually mean Neptune customer support? Or are you talking about another company? I see Apex here, then talk of GHL, then a tag of Neptune. Not trying to nit pick but clarity would help.

If you are talking about Neptune then my answer would be negative. I've had nothing but the best experience every time I call or send in a support ticket. This goes as far back as 2000 when I had an original Neptune controller that used the X10 relays.

I've called and they asked if it was an emergency. It wasn't so asked me to send a ticket via email and I would get a call back. I did within 4 hours. I've sent a ticket in on a Saturday not expecting to hear back until the next business day. I got a email back on Sunday morning. I've sent in a ticket on a Cor 15 pump, my trident, and my ATO pmup. Cor 15 was a bad cable. The sent a new one. Support lad calls me back and asks me to check firmware which ended up being the problem. I said I'll send the cable back they said no, keep it.

Trident? Reagents emptied and my readings/measurements are off. I replaced them and missed a step in the directions. They called back and explained everything to me. Also asked me to send in some log files so they could make sure and update docs so it doesn't happen to someone else.

Me, personally, nothing but great support. I've had similar amazing support by Coralvue, Reef Angel, Lifereef, and Pacific East Aquaculture. Maybe I have a lucky cricket.

I've had horrible experience with Dodge and SunPower...go figure. So maybe not so lucky of a cricket, yeah? But no - Neptune has been above average in my experience.
That's awesome! Maybe i just got the representatives at a bad time who knows they could of had a horrible call 5 minutes before. I will give them a call and I'll let you all know how it goes!

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Marcelo Simon sorry to hear you had some trouble with our team or did not feel 100% taken care of in your call. I see you have created a support ticket and we have requested a good time to call today. Please let us know and we'll be happy to assist!
Thank you very much for reaching out! I look forward to the call.

U

User1

View Badges
That's awesome! Maybe i just got the representatives at a bad time who knows they could of had a horrible call 5 minutes before. I will give them a call and I'll let you all know how it goes!

Everyone can have a bad day. A customer support engineer or rep should be able to set that aside or so I would hope. If not then the company should do their best to try and help. I'm not making any excuses - for any company.

As a product owner I do hope you get your answers resolved. For you and for the hobby as a whole because we are a team. At least that is how I see us in this community otherwise we wouldn't be here.

If you haven't done so maybe also check out the Neptune official forums they host. I've received some good help there with programming. May be slower but possible a search will return what you are looking for.

Have a great weekend!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't done so maybe also check out the Neptune official forums they host. I've received some good help there with programming. May be slower but possible a search will return what you are looking for.

+1 on the Neptune Community Forums. I’m on there all the time and try to answer questions where I have expertise or first hand knowledge. I believe in karma. :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back