APEX DOS Not pulling liquid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fairly new DOS is not pulling part A. I had it running about 10 days and it worked, then it stopped. I have taken the hoses off and soaked them to make sure that was not the issue. I have also tried running RODI through the lines as well. It does not pull part A, or RODI.

My Dos is about 20 inches from my sample container and it pumps another 18" to the sump.

It does not pull when pressing the manual dose button either.

Any ideas?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most common problem is an air leak where the tubing connects to the DOS. I always soak the tubing in a cup of near-boiling water to soften it before connecting to the DOS. This has worked perfectly for me each time. Be sure the connecting nut is already slid onto the tubing before putting it into the hot water.

OP
OP
P

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most common problem is an air leak where the tubing connects to the DOS. I always soak the tubing in a cup of near-boiling water to soften it before connecting to the DOS. This has worked perfectly for me each time. Be sure the connecting nut is already slid onto the tubing before putting it into the hot water.
Thanks Suncrest! I forgot about that trick. I will try that next. How is the PNWMAS treating you these days? Miss those guys.

Hope your one later! I am trying to fix my Trident after I get this DOS going. I am sure I will be back on here LOL.

OP
OP
P

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This worked.

Thank you.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back