Apex firmware update.... Help...:(

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a friend over and he was dialing in my lighting schedule and my apex was out of date so he downloaded everything and had to split while it was updating.... Every time it sends a block it says corrupted try's again blah blah blah finally it completed all 110 blocks over the course of a hour and half... Now it's stuck in boot loader mode I guess the screen is black and I can't control anything... Tried power cycling it and no help...:( what do I do????
Yes it's connected with a cable for the update also straight to the router...:(

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind fixed it.... Stupid Ethernet cable was bad or something... I swapped cables and it uploaded in 15 seconds and was online!!!! Yeah.... Lol I'll leave the thread for future reference if someone else has this
Problem...

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad you got it fixed....you can also call neptune at (408) 578-3022 (I e-mailed them and they called me) they'll walk you through it step by step until it's working perfectly......customer service is top notch there,here's their contact link Neptune Systems - AquaControllers - Contact

I had a problem updating my AC Jr firmware....they helped me fix mine over the phone.....1 little step I kept missing LOL

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that you got it updated. How is everything working for you?

CJ

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's working good and i have a lot more options now i had a really old firmware....:(
@willie i don't think they will answer the phone at 2 am lol......

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They might. I've heard of people calling Curt up at midnight on a Sunday and he picked up! Have you had a chance to look at the program I posted for the LEDs?

CJ

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i did im still trying to figure out how to do everything on my own."my friend keeps stopping by and doing it so fast i don't learn"... i haven't been able to connect with my iphone since i did the update i think the ip changed so now i got to mess with the port forwarding or something iirc...... i should prolly start another thread for this question but how do i use the apex moonlighting thing to control some moon lights and what moon lights would you recommend like 3 royal blue crees on a wall wart??

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The port forwarding shouldn't change since that is in your router. You may have to check that your IP address hasn't changed for the Apex unit.

As far as moonlighting goes, it's hard to beat the Neptune Lunar Simulator. It is a bit more expensive than the DIY route, but it is plug and play and gives you a lot of options. You can have the time that it comes on vary with the natural lunar cycle and it will also vary the intensity to coincide with the phases of the moon.

CJ

snoopie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its what he ment IP changed so may have tto change the IP in the port forwarding section to make it work again..... ill be over lol.

I think atleast.

Sent from my EVO.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice that's what i want!!!!!!!!! how many leds do you think i should get???? tank is 6' long a 180gal 24x24x72 im thinking 3 but not sure.... any suggestions??

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the 3-bulb one would not be enough. I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure that I have the 2-bulb one and it is perfect on my 65 gallon tank.

CJ

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't turn them on individually. It also wouldn't help to take one out since, IIRC, they are wired in series and the others would just get brighter. I guess you could solder in a resistor if you really wanted to. Do you have an LFS that would let you swap one out if it was too powerful?

CJ

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw I could just put a piece of black tape over it or difuse them with some smoked colored acrylic if need be...;) how far apart are yours??? That would give me a idea Im guessing your tank is 4'???

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's true with the tape, I might be over thinking things! I checked last night and I have the 2-bulb version over my 3' wide tank. They are approximately 1' apart. You might want to look at the 4-bulb one.

CJ

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
couldn't you use a string of the blues on real low for moonlight?

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Meanwells don't dim enough to do that. They go down to 5% current, which is still plenty bright, before dropping directly to zero.

CJ

Back