Apex Fusion Mod

Jrapa86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little background in computer coding, and have been playing around in the creation of a private chrome plugin/extension which interacts with Apex Fusion.

So far Ive managed to create additional options including :
- Longer names for Sensors
- Ability to change switches from simply “OPEN/CLOSED” to anything you want (for example float switches named ‘full’ and ‘empty’ or ‘high’ and ‘low’.
-improved live notification bar with custom parameters/limits.
-a right click menu with custom options.
-quick conversion button on sensor readings (example: salt ppt SpG equivalent)
-custom background
-custom color themes
-custom look/options for switches

future ideas:
-Faster refresh rate
-Separated refresh rate between data log and live reading.
-virtual expansion of the breakout box
-ORP drastic fluctuation alert with customized limits by user.
-separated night/day limit alert for pH
-custom reference/chart page
-Neptune forum access within fusion

I’m not sure if I’m breaking any terms if service. Am I?

What else would you personally love to see on an expansion mod for fusion?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a little background in computer coding, and have been playing around in the creation of a private chrome plugin/extension which interacts with Apex Fusion.

So far Ive managed to create additional options including :
- Longer names for Sensors
- Ability to change switches from simply “OPEN/CLOSED” to anything you want (for example float switches named ‘full’ and ‘empty’ or ‘high’ and ‘low’.
-improved live notification bar with custom parameters/limits.
-a right click menu with custom options.
-quick conversion button on sensor readings (example: salt ppt SpG equivalent)
-custom background
-custom color themes
-custom look/options for switches

future ideas:
-Faster refresh rate
-Separated refresh rate between data log and live reading.
-virtual expansion of the breakout box
-ORP drastic fluctuation alert with customized limits by user.
-separated night/day limit alert for pH
-custom reference/chart page
-Neptune forum access within fusion

I’m not sure if I’m breaking any terms if service. Am I?

What else would you personally love to see on an expansion mod for fusion?
The best place to figure out the answer to your question - would be to contact Neptune. My guess they would not warranty their product.

But - it sounds interesting - where are you storing the data for the 'mod'?

OP
OP
Jrapa86

Jrapa86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best place to figure out the answer to your question - would be to contact Neptune. My guess they would not warranty their product.

But - it sounds interesting - where are you storing the data for the 'mod'?

It’s essentially a google chrome plugin that uses the browsers local storage. But mainly very little storage is needed. The code primarily just modifies the interface of existing code, and adds a few lines of html

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s essentially a google chrome plugin that uses the browsers local storage. But mainly very little storage is needed. The code primarily just modifies the interface of existing code, and adds a few lines of html
Do you have a potential release date?

Rick

OP
OP
Jrapa86

Jrapa86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a potential release date?

Rick
It could be very soon. All depends on if I even can. I need to read through apex legal disclaimer. I also want to gather ideas from everyone so I can add more meaningful things to the options.
Is there any function you’d like to see in particular?

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be very soon. All depends on if I even can. I need to read through apex legal disclaimer. I also want to gather ideas from everyone so I can add more meaningful things to the options.
I will give it some thought and get back to you...

Rick

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I would like to see is the icons at the top of the screen ..Apex list...Alarm log...etc to be "frozen" so when you scroll down they remain in place....that would be helpful.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
JUST CALL THEM?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sorry - no one - in their right mind - would take a tank - potentially worth thousands of dollars - and put in some kind of add-in without more information. This is not a slam against innovation - its a request for common sense. What is your goal - IMHO - try to sell it to Neptune. I wouldn't use it in 1000 years

OP
OP
Jrapa86

Jrapa86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry - no one - in their right mind - would take a tank - potentially worth thousands of dollars - and put in some kind of add-in without more information. This is not a slam against innovation - its a request for common sense. What is your goal - IMHO - try to sell it to Neptune. I wouldn't use it in 1000 years
Reasonable concern. Making a plugin like this also calls for being responsible. My response to you is that the plugin doesn’t even come close to touching the secured protocol involved in its functionality. Simply stated, this is more geared towards the “look”, rather than its guts. Programs like this operate with something called a “style sheet”, which is used for coloring and size of things. It has no role In function. I’m more interested in expanding this, and adding commonly used libraries to add features with the existing data for referencing.
Touching the heart of apex coding isn’t any of my interest. My main goal is to expand it for visual appeal. My question on this forum is to understand common things users come across with the interface, that they wish were implemented. For example, Rick Matthew would like to see the buttons scroll with him, rather than stay at the top. That’s a separate interface tweak, and by no means could I see it affecting the core functionality of the system. It’s completely separate. Little things like this, cumulatively could go a far way in the user experience. As you said, you do not slam innovation. This I consider innovation, with honest intentions. And I would agree this would be a breach of common sense if anyone took a dive messing with the core functions, for which this is not.

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reasonable concern. Making a plugin like this also calls for being responsible. My response to you is that the plugin doesn’t even come close to touching the secured protocol involved in its functionality. Simply stated, this is more geared towards the “look”, rather than its guts. Programs like this operate with something called a “style sheet”, which is used for coloring and size of things. It has no role In function. I’m more interested in expanding this, and adding commonly used libraries to add features with the existing data for referencing.
Touching the heart of apex coding isn’t any of my interest. My main goal is to expand it for visual appeal. My question on this forum is to understand common things users come across with the interface, that they wish were implemented. For example, Rick Matthew would like to see the buttons scroll with him, rather than stay at the top. That’s a separate interface tweak, and by no means could I see it affecting the core functionality of the system. It’s completely separate. Little things like this, cumulatively could go a far way in the user experience. As you said, you do not slam innovation. This I consider innovation, with honest intentions. And I would agree this would be a breach of common sense if anyone took a dive messing with the core functions, for which this is not.
I would strongly suggest you market it to Neptune

reefkeep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Touching the heart of apex coding isn’t any of my interest. My main goal is to expand it for visual appeal. My question on this forum is to understand common things users come across with the interface, that they wish were implemented. For example, Rick Matthew would like to see the buttons scroll with him, rather than stay at the top. That’s a separate interface tweak, and by no means could I see it affecting the core functionality of the system. It’s completely separate. Little things like this, cumulatively could go a far way in the user experience. As iyou said, you do not slam innovation. This I consider innovation, with honest intentions. And I would agree this would be a breach of common sense if anyone took a dive messing with the core functions, for which this is not.
if it’s a wrapper vs. Change to the core code, I’m in. Many have been waiting 15 years for Apex to address these Y2K design problems. If it does the same for Mobius and ReefBeat and allows a single portal it’s worth more.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back