Apex Help - Weird Command Causing ATK to malfunction

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ATK has been performing great the last couple of weeks. I added a second FMM to automate my RODI topoff container and I think somehow that’s causing an issue with my ATK programming.
When the high level sensor on the ATK is activated it tells the pump to come on. Thank goodness for the float valve as that’s the only thing keeping my sump from overflowing. According to Neptune support everything is programmed correctly but as you can see in the picture, that’s not the case. Is there a main list of all the codes somewhere that I can go through line by line? I think it’s an easy fix if something like that exists. I’ve already tried reprogramming the ATK and that didn’t help. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Smp_hi is the upper sensor on the ATK float mechanism.

1B1E4F58-43EF-448E-982A-636C1FFE76E9.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please read my ATK Tutorial and follow my troubleshooting steps to diagnose your optical sensors:

I deleted the ATK FMM to start over, now it won’t recognize it when I plug it back in. I left it unplugged for a long time (1/2 hour or so) before plugging it back in. It’s not showing up on the module page even if I hit refresh. Any ideas?

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deleted the ATK FMM to start over, now it won’t recognize it when I plug it back in. I left it unplugged for a long time (1/2 hour or so) before plugging it back in. It’s not showing up on the module page even if I hit refresh. Any ideas?
It’s plugged directly into the EB832 aquabus port. It’s not daisy chained with anything else.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is the LED status light on the FMM when it's plugged in? Have you tried a different AquaBus cable and/or a different AquaBus port? Also, what do you see in the System View? Example:

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 3.10.19 PM.png

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is the LED status light on the FMM when it's plugged in? Have you tried a different AquaBus cable and/or a different AquaBus port? Also, what do you see in the System View? Example:

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 3.10.19 PM.png
The LED is green, but it’s green regardless. The ATK is also a stand-alone system, so the power cord running to the PMUP always has power. The expanded view just shows the EB832, FMM (the one for RODI filling with two optical sensors) and an EB8.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LED is green, but it’s green regardless. The ATK is also a stand-alone system, so the power cord running to the PMUP always has power. The expanded view just shows the EB832, FMM (the one for RODI filling with two optical sensors) and an EB8.

Disconnect both the AquaBus cable and the FMM power adapter so the FMM has no source of power, then reconnect the AquaBus cable. The Apex should then recognize it as a new module. If it still does not recognize it, try rebooting your Apex and then connecting the FMM again.

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of now this is working again. My sump is so full that it’s going to be tomorrow before it needs any topping off again. I’ll keep an eye on it and see what happens from here.

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea if there’s a section where all the lines of code are accessible? If this comes up again editing the line causing it would be simple enough. I forwarded Neptune support and they weren’t very helpful. They said the ATK code was correct. I don’t disagree but there’s a line of code elsewhere that was connected to an ATK sensor that was telling the PMUP to come on. I don’t know where to look for that.

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The command is showing back up again. Any idea what’s causing it? It doesn’t show up in either of the two areas I know to check (the ATK or the outlet programming).

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What your showing in your first pic is the Alarm log: the high-level sensor is programmed to set the alarm if it detects water. It is not telling your ATK to add more water.

You should have a line like this in your ATK programming:
If Smp_hi CLOSED Then OFF

That line tells your ATK to turn off if the high-level sensor is tripped. This prevents an over-fill.

There is somewhere else where the alarm is defined. I don't remember where it is, but I removed my high-level sensor alarm setting. It would always turn my ATK off when I turned on feed-mode. I'm sure @SuncrestReef will know where the ATK's high-level sensor alarm is defined.

Maybe you should show us a pic of your ATK programming to make sure it looks correct. Your ATK should turn off when the water reaches the lower-level sensor. A pic of your FMM module showing the connections would help, too. If you have the high and lower sensor wires reversed, then I could see your ATK working the way you've described.

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What your showing in your first pic is the Alarm log: the high-level sensor is programmed to set the alarm if it detects water. It is not telling your ATK to add more water.

You should have a line like this in your ATK programming:
If Smp_hi CLOSED Then OFF

That line tells your ATK to turn off if the high-level sensor is tripped. This prevents an over-fill.

There is somewhere else where the alarm is defined. I don't remember where it is, but I removed my high-level sensor alarm setting. It would always turn my ATK off when I turned on feed-mode. I'm sure @SuncrestReef will know where the ATK's high-level sensor alarm is defined.

Maybe you should show us a pic of your ATK programming to make sure it looks correct. Your ATK should turn off when the water reaches the lower-level sensor. A pic of your FMM module showing the connections would help, too. If you have the high and lower sensor wires reversed, then I could see your ATK working the way you've described.
Until today the water never (or maybe once) reached the high sensor.

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be clear, the code I posted was for the alarm itself and not to turn the pump on? I ask because this morning the pump ran more when I pushed the float down. It didn’t do that just now, so perhaps I misunderstood what the code was for. What would cause such a malfunction in the system?

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the ATK code that turns the pmup on and off. Can you post pic of physical FMM module showing numbered connections and numbered cables? And a screenshot like this:
Screenshot_20201123-194916_APEX Fusion.jpg

SWX5_2 is hi-sensor, SWX5_1 is lo-sensor.

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I understand what’s going on now. I just need to figure out how to switch this notification to a virtual outlet and alarm from there. The hourly alert is annoying and not something I need repeatedly.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back