Apex Jr. keeps resetting

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever else you do, contact Neptune. It could be all of the things others have described, or it could be something else. Neptune can help diagnose the issue and provide the support you need including forcing reinstallation of firmware, checking sensor registers that might indicate other problems.

I had wacky and terribly frustrating issues with sensors disappearing, FMM modules going offline or disappearing, etc, and this behavior resulted in programming not defaulting to the correct state when this happened. It caused a flood that I was able to catch as it happened.

The issue? It turns out the leak sensors are sensitive to interference (any of the sensors with long cables can be prone to this). Even stranger, it seemed to be worse when connected to port 3 of any FMM. The sensors and FMMs went from working just fine for a month to causing issues over a few weeks as my installation grew incrementally.

The solution? Ferrite cores on the ends near the plugs of the sensors. Haven't had an issue since.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever else you do, contact Neptune. It could be all of the things others have described, or it could be something else. Neptune can help diagnose the issue and provide the support you need including forcing reinstallation of firmware, checking sensor registers that might indicate other problems.

I had wacky and terribly frustrating issues with sensors disappearing, FMM modules going offline or disappearing, etc, and this behavior resulted in programming not defaulting to the correct state when this happened. It caused a flood that I was able to catch as it happened.

The issue? It turns out the leak sensors are sensitive to interference (any of the sensors with long cables can be prone to this). Even stranger, it seemed to be worse when connected to port 3 of any FMM. The sensors and FMMs went from working just fine for a month to causing issues over a few weeks as my installation grew incrementally.

The solution? Ferrite cores on the ends near the plugs of the sensors. Haven't had an issue since.
Hmmm, I do have 2 hard surface leak sensors.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, there hasn't been a problem since 6:45 yesterday morning. I'm glad there isn't a problem, but I now have no idea if I am fixing anything.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, there hasn't been a problem since 6:45 yesterday morning. I'm glad there isn't a problem, but I now have no idea if I am fixing anything.
Don't worry, it will come back:). Did you do anything?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know, I fix cars. I know that nothing fixes itself.

I didn't do anything. Neptune just wants to sell me a new one.

I found a like new used one. It's in the mail as we speak.
Did you try updating all the firmware?

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you might have a board issue but try turning off all input and output logging.

I had a similar situation with my JR. that was working fine for a couple years then started rebooting randomly and whenever I would activate feed mode. I turned off all logging in an attempt to unload the SOC and did a full reset and restore. No longer having any issues for the past year and I did not change anything else.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try updating all the firmware?
I should have looked closer.

So, I got another JR today (description of the condition was way off, so I got my money back) and I was updating the firmware. So, I noticed that my firmware WAS obsolete. It was 4.53, but the suffix was off. The last line in the "fixes" may be the problem "Addresses an issue that sometimes would cause spurious reboots of an Apex Classic due to poor Internet or local network connectivity." I have it on a Wi-Fi module and I wonder if it went a little wonky because I haven't had a problem for a week.

I think I will roll with this for a while to see how it does. Everything seems to work like it should.

I did the "update web pages " as well. Exactly what is that?

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex head unit has a built in web server. That's where you go to configure your unit before connecting it to Fusion. Web page update essentially updates that web server.
OK, so where I access it by the ip address, that's what updated. It looks the same but there is probably something different.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, so where I access it by the ip address, that's what updated. It looks the same but there is probably something different.
You shouldn't need to access it - you can just use Fusion.

Back