apex jr vs apex vs reefkeeper lite?

I just switched from rkl to a apex jr for 2 major reasons 1) if the have echoec pumps the wxm is a fantastic module 2) internet connectivity program outlets from your sofa not tied to cord. Other advantages 7 modules over 4 testing logs and graphs are very helpful.
 
Not sure if it was mentioned but unfortunately Digital Aquatics has gone out of business. I had been wanting to get the Reef Keeper Elite because I can't afford the Apex and all I really need it for is my heaters.
Use inkbird temperature controller ?
 
Not sure if it was mentioned but unfortunately Digital Aquatics has gone out of business. I had been wanting to get the Reef Keeper Elite because I can't afford the Apex and all I really need it for is my heaters.
If all you need is controlling heater, I would just buy a used RKE or RKL. I use RKL for the same thing and never have any problem. It’s a 75 gallon DT. Thinking to upgrade to Apex classic
 
Get a Ranco if you just need to control temp. They are industrial grade compared to the hobby-grade RK or Apex. The probe and the unit are better on a Ranco. They are usually less than $100 and might last you a lifetime if you keep the head unit out of the water.
 
Get a Ranco if you just need to control temp. They are industrial grade compared to the hobby-grade RK or Apex. The probe and the unit are better on a Ranco. They are usually less than $100 and might last you a lifetime if you keep the head unit out of the water.
I personally had bad experience with Ranco, bought it brand new with the special wrapping on the probe for wet application, lasted me only 6 months before the probe read wrong temp. Sent it back for warranty and they could not find anything wrong with it. Not sure what happened, ended up switching to RKL.
I know a lot of others have great experience with Ranco, which is why I bought it in the first place
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new