Apex Jr

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I'm looking into getting a controller for my 120 gallon reef tank. I want to be able to control my return pump, my two heaters, protein skimmer and my dosing pump. I would also like to be able to get email alerts or text alerts is that possible with the jr.? And would I have to buy an extra power bar? Also not sure if it comes with a pH probe or not if anybody can answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated.

FFFishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could get by with the Apex Jr. It's got 4 power outlets. Combine your 2 heaters (with an extension cord, etc.) so they share an outlet. Yes, you would be able to send email and text alerts and use Neptune's Fusion website. All this functionality at a cost of about $240.

If you want to add PH Monitoring, you'll need to add the PM1 Module ($85) and the Lab Grade PH Probe ($60) With these additions, you're at $240 + $85 + $60 = $385.
Or . . . get the Apex Classic with PH for $550 and you'll gain a few extra power outlets and 0-10 Volt control (good for some lights and pumps).

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the difference in functionality between the classic and the new? Not to hijack the thread, but I am interested in controlling my powerheads, heater, and monitoring some of my parameters remotely. It's an office tank and I worry on the weekends.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back