Apex not reconnecting

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I loose power the apex won’t reconnect to my network. I have to unplug it and wait 10sec then it works again. The heart beat is awesome but when I’m away and it’s saying it’s been off for 10 hours it concerns me.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Chris

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it hard wired or wifi.

Last edited:

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issues with mine until I gave it a static IP address instead of DHCP. Their DHCP implementation isn't great at handling address conflicts either so making it static prevent issues with other devices now and then.

OP
OP
CNDReef

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issues with mine until I gave it a static IP address instead of DHCP. Their DHCP implementation isn't great at handling address conflicts either so making it static prevent issues with other devices now and then.
Thx
Now how do I go about doing that lol

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummmmm

In either Apex local or Fusion in network settings you can change DHCP from "enabled" to "disabled". You'll need to manually set everything then and the hard part though unless you have been in your home router where DHCP itself is configured.. You"should" remove the address it will use so no other devices can have it assigned. Have a computer geek at work that could swing by your house? :)

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll give it a shot and see how bad I can mess it up lol

LOL

Once in the router DHCP settings you should be able to change the range. Just remove the one with the highest ending number. That will be the address to use for the Apex. You'll need the subnet mask and gateway as well. You should see those settings in the DHCP configuration, but you could also just check what your PC uses. Subnet mask almost for sure will be 255.255.255.0 Your gateway is "likely" to be 192.168.0.1 and the address you end up using 192.168.0.254

Your DHCP can use other address ranges though, so don't just use those, but may help you recognize what you see once logged into your router.

OP
OP
CNDReef

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I got it. Was pretty easy after I remembered the router username and password :confused:

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. I hope it improves things. It helped a lot for me, but I also now have the Apex, Aquabus, return pump and vortechs on a UPS :)

OP
OP
CNDReef

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to give it a test run later when my little one is sleeping
Thanks for your help

Back