Apex wont connect

Tbg299

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a standard Apex unit yesterday. I installed the app on Android yesterday, setup the wifi connection, and linked it to Fusion. Everything was fine. When I woke up, it said it was disconnected and couldn't connect to Fusion. My router is 5g and wifi is fine in my house. I tried rebooting it several times, but it doesn't work. I've contacted support and am waiting to hear back for further instructions. The blue light on the Apex unit is on, which means the wifi connectivity is working, and the orange light on the energy bar is on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

OP
OP
Tbg299

Tbg299

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn. My router has 2 networks: one 5g and the other 2.4 Ghz. When I set up the Apex, I connected to the 5g network. That must be the problem. The problem now is I can't get access the dashboard to change the settings. Do I need to delete my profile and/or reinstall the app?
You can reconfigure the Apex WiFi settings with this procedure:

1. Use a paperclip to press the reset button for 6 seconds until the Neptune logo turns blue, then release the paperclip. This places the Apex into WiFi Setup Mode.

2. Use your phone or computer to connect to the Apex_Setup### WiFi network

3. Browse to http://172.16.0.1

4. The Apex will present you with a list of available WiFi networks. Select your 2.4 GHz WiFi from the list.

5. Enter your WiFi password.

6. The Apex will reboot and connect to your WiFi. The Neptune logo should change to solid orange.

OP
OP
Tbg299

Tbg299

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1. Use a paperclip to press the reset button for 6 seconds until the Neptune logo turns blue, then release the paperclip. This places the Apex into WiFi Setup Mode.

4. The Apex will present you with a list of available WiFi networks. Select your 2.4 GHz WiFi from the list.

6. The Apex will reboot and connect to your WiFi. The Neptune logo should change to solid orange.
I deleted my Apex profile and did the reinstall action process, using the correct wifi network. It's working fine now. Glad it was just a simple mistake instead of a hardware issue.

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is it WPA3 compatible?

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue. It connects, then disconnects over night. I have tried reserving the IP, I have tried resetting it, and I have tried updating it.

It is on 2.4, it is 6 feet away from a mesh point, and I don’t use the ISP provided modem. Security is WPA2. No other wireless devices (about 40 of them) have this problem. Even the cheap ones in light bulbs.

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue. It connects, then disconnects over night. I have tried reserving the IP, I have tried resetting it, and I have tried updating it.

It is on 2.4, it is 6 feet away from a mesh point, and I don’t use the ISP provided modem. Security is WPA2. No other wireless devices (about 40 of them) have this problem. Even the cheap ones in light bulbs.
If there is any way to get a cat5e hard wire to the Apex, that's what I would recommend. I had trouble with it connecting to different APs (I have 8 in my home)... it would jump from one to the other and lose connection. Once I hard wired, no issues what so ever!

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no ports on the mesh points. Wireless was the whole point of switching to the new Apex. If I had to hardwire, I would be ticked.
I thought I’d give Neptune another try. I should have just went to the coralvue.

Last edited:

CaymanR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m also having wifi issues. What I don’t understand, is that I have the latest wifi6. From my understanding, the router does not create seperate networks for 5ghz or 2.4ghz. The devices decide what network is the best signal and connect accordingly. Does this mean the apex isn’t compatible with wifi6?

Redskin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having similar issues with brand new install. I turned off the 5 ghz and only have the 2.4 on. I get a message that says "your APEX appears to be online, but this device is having trouble communicating with it." What does that even mean? I'm using an iPad that Apex recommends.

Good grief it's frustrating. You would think APEX would put in great big letters that it only works with 2.4. I guess I'll wait days until customer service calls and helps me connect.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back