Apogee correction for LED lights model qmss-e

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am runnin xr15 g5 pros and seem to be burning my corals despite par being low. I am running a spectrum that is more on the blue side (radiant color at 60 percent with diffusers) two of them on a 20g. I had them at 40 percent for a bit but some things seems to not be happy.

anyways I have an apogee model qmss-e and am trying to figure out how to adjust the par readings (willing to do it on a per light channel basis if needed). I am suspecting that like the “older” models apogee has on their website the spectrum response is garbage under 500nm however I am unable to find any information on this actual model. Any help?

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How deep is this tank. I have 5 xr 15 on my reefer 750. It's 26" deep. My par at around 62% is probably close to 250-300 probably 6 inch below. Spc can handle but obviously you have to go slow.

OP
OP
a.t.t.r

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is this tank. I have 5 xr 15 on my reefer 750. It's 26" deep. My par at around 62% is probably close to 250-300 probably 6 inch below. Spc can handle but obviously you have to go slow.
Standard 20 gallon most coral within foot of surface. What meter did you read with and what spectrum are your lights on? I suspect my meter is throwing bad results from lack of blue sensitivity

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard 20 gallon most coral within foot of surface. What meter did you read with and what spectrum are your lights on? I suspect my meter is throwing bad results from lack of blue sensitivity
Apparently dana has some. Others may also.
You need to correct for the mainly blue spectrum and a bit for immersion in water.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used seneye, which probably not as good as the one you using.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back