Apr 2026 POTM Fish Head Shot.

Not an Official entry.

So many GREAT shots this month! Eye candy everywhere.

IMG_0716.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it is nice. I just can't make up my mind if I love it or not lol. Its definitely unique and I'm leaning toward loving it.
Don't be cheap with love.
 
EDITED: UNOFFICIAL PHOTO - NOT A SUMISSION PHOTO

Donald "Red" Grant
Coris gaimard - Red Coris Wrasse, Galaxy Wrasse

_MG_3777.jpg


Shot with Canon 5D Mark IV with EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS lens
ISO 2000 75mm f/4.0 1/250 sec
#Heathens
 
Last edited:
Official submission
IMG_5428.jpeg

Macropharyngodon bipartitus
IMG_5405.jpeg


Some other shots from today
IMG_5433.jpeg

Bodianus anthoides

IMG_5423.jpeg

Siganus vulpinus

Shot with a Canon T6 Rebel with a Macro lens... the lens has many numbers and letters in it
 
Last edited:
Just wanted to say that there are already some incredible photos taken. Good luck to everyone
 
My entry:

He’ll never not be disappointed in me 🫠
TMW8375.jpeg


Camera: Nikon D750
Lens: Nikon AF-S Micro Nikkor 105mm

Coulda probably used an additional light from the front to reduce shadows, but also don’t want my fish to think it’s the apocalypse 😄
 
Last edited:
otherwise my jawfish is always up for a pic. this is the face that he makes when he realizes someone else got the biggest piece of food! lol. these are not my official submissions
20250715_185809.jpg
20240906_171602.jpg
 
I would normally say good luck to all the participants, but in this case, I have to wish @maroun.c good luck for trying to put together a finalist list...These are some of the best POTM entries I've ever seen!
 
Looks like he's trying to look cute for the camera. Doing a pretty good job, too.
Thanks @Euphylliaphyle. I was actually dangling something to my upper left of where he was sitting to get his attention. You know, like when you're trying to photograph a baby. 🙂
 
I would normally say good luck to all the participants, but in this case, I have to wish @maroun.c good luck for trying to put together a finalist list...These are some of the best POTM entries I've ever seen!
Facts
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new