Apr 2026 POTM Fish Head Shot.

6227817699864315598.jpeg


Thomas, the Engineer Goby
 
He's blowing kisses?
It was just such a lucky shot, but yes, that is what he looks like he's doing.

He's the boss of the tank, not exactly bully-ish, but when someone bothers him he shoos them off to somewhere else in the tank.
 
I would normally say good luck to all the participants, but in this case, I have to wish @maroun.c good luck for trying to put together a finalist list...These are some of the best POTM entries I've ever seen!

I agree. I thought I had a pretty decent shot but it looks mediocre at best compared to some of the competition. This may be one of the best competitions I've seen here as far as quality of photos and staying true to the subject matter.
 
I agree. I thought I had a pretty decent shot but it looks mediocre at best compared to some of the competition. This may be one of the best competitions I've seen here as far as quality of photos and staying true to the subject matter.
I agree. The quality just keeps coming
 
Gnarly cool, ice cold eyes!
I wouldn’t say I know much about the Oreni Tilefish, mine was a sweetheart, but this one looks like it could frighten a Wolverine, or at least my old neon dottyback. I love it, because they’re awesome fish, but you captured both eyes perfectly and the sharp color intensity to those eyes almost sends a jolt to me. I would put a poster of that in my garage!
 
I agree. I thought I had a pretty decent shot but it looks mediocre at best compared to some of the competition. This may be one of the best competitions I've seen here as far as quality of photos and staying true to the subject matter.
And its not just a lawnmower blenny theme, lots of good variety.
 
These entries this month...
Childish Gambino Mind Blown GIF by First We Feast
 
Can I ask…
What is a head shot?
because a lot of these aren’t what I would consider a head shot, but rather a full-body shot?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new