Aptasia growing on my fish, someone help.

That1guy07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so recent I have had a bit of an aphasia problem. I have tried solving it with aptasia X but to no avail. Recently I saw I white spot on my one spot fox face rabbit fish. It was a spot on the false eye spot of the fish. At first I thought this was ich. However, when I took a closer look at him, I saw that the white spot had tentacles. I was so baffled by this I had no idea what it could be. Then I saw a baby aptasia in my tank and I compared the two. They looked almost identical. I don't want to stress out my fish but I also don't want to get stung by those nasty dorsal spines. He's about 5-6 inches long and he has been living in my tank for 2 years now. What do I do? how do I get this anemone off of him? I have never heard of this before.

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a waking nightmare. I would imagine the fox would scratch it off with a flick assuming it was some sort of hellspawn anemone.

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1) what the heck, pics or it didn't happen. 2) Aptasia X is a horrendous product that only makes the issue worse I've found. Peppermint shrimp are a great cheap alternative, and a more expensive one is bergiha nudibranchs.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny as someone posted a pic of their foxface just a day or so ago on another forum and yes it had an aiptasia on it. Definitely possible!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nem's have a sticky foot... they can stick to your hand... they can stick to a fish too :)

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm is this a late April fools joke ?
If not where the pictures ^_^
But if is true then fish will have to scrape it of itself or you catch and dislodge it or leave it be and let it sting the fish.
Only these 3 things I see can happening

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't happen to have a link do you?

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those pictures on that thread are wild

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting the link. The pic is kinda blurry, but it does kinda look like a little aiptasia in that thread. I always assumed, possibly incorrectly, that the slime coat of a fish would prevent something like aiptasia from attaching to it.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gosh the tank in that pic is going to give me nightmares. I think he could replace all the water with aptasiaX and they would still survive.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gosh the tank in that pic is going to give me nightmares. I think he could replace all the water with aptasiaX and they would still survive.

Last page shows improvement in just a day with some tank wide treatment :)

OP
OP
That1guy07

That1guy07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so recent I have had a bit of an aphasia problem. I have tried solving it with aptasia X but to no avail. Recently I saw I white spot on my one spot fox face rabbit fish. It was a spot on the false eye spot of the fish. At first I thought this was ich. However, when I took a closer look at him, I saw that the white spot had tentacles. I was so baffled by this I had no idea what it could be. Then I saw a baby aptasia in my tank and I compared the two. They looked almost identical. I don't want to stress out my fish but I also don't want to get stung by those nasty dorsal spines. He's about 5-6 inches long and he has been living in my tank for 2 years now. What do I do? how do I get this anemone off of him? I have never heard of this before.
I will make a new post later. I’m in my college classes all day

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%

Back