Aptasia growing on my fish, someone help.

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gosh the tank in that pic is going to give me nightmares. I think he could replace all the water with aptasiaX and they would still survive.
I have never seen that many aptasia in a tank before. How did it get to that without it eating the fish lol

Rene'

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so recent I have had a bit of an aphasia problem. I have tried solving it with aptasia X but to no avail. Recently I saw I white spot on my one spot fox face rabbit fish. It was a spot on the false eye spot of the fish. At first I thought this was ich. However, when I took a closer look at him, I saw that the white spot had tentacles. I was so baffled by this I had no idea what it could be. Then I saw a baby aptasia in my tank and I compared the two. They looked almost identical. I don't want to stress out my fish but I also don't want to get stung by those nasty dorsal spines. He's about 5-6 inches long and he has been living in my tank for 2 years now. What do I do? how do I get this anemone off of him? I have never heard of this before.
I had a terrible problem with those pests! I got 2 aptaisia eating nudebranchs, and they were gone... Every one of them!!

Rene'

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does one let their tank get that bad!!!?? That couldn’t have happened over night…
These little pests grow at alarming rates. They're snail in the beginning and stay closed, so it appears that they all spring up on a day. I was astounded at how fast my tank got infested!
Just when you think it can't happen to you..

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is the stuff of nightmares but it's amazing to see how well the CQ worked. I think I saw the nem on the fish's tail in that one pic. That's crazy! Maybe it attached while it was floating around the tank.

Back