Aquabus to Rj45 jack

billy joe ferguson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day,

Is there a way to connect an Neptune Aquabus type cable to a rj45 jack. The goal in simple. I have my Apex setup on my 125 tank. In the bedroom which is roughly 45 feet away I have a small 24 gallon Seahorse tank. I am looking to setup a Kessil A80 over the 24 and want to run it off my VDM. I can move the VDM to the 24 but would rather not. Any advise or help would be great on how to do this

ReefReady9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just use the rj45 wire and splice that into the usb cable. Just make sure the colors match on both ends

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not use a normal 50 foot usb extension cable?

Aquabus cables are literally just usb cables with a male fitting on each end. I entendres a pm2 to a head unit using a 15 foot extension and it Works fine

Mark Bianco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand correctly you want to leave the 0 -10vdc module where its at and just run a network cable from the module to the new light?

Sure you can do that here is a link to wiring of the RJ45 plug for the cable for the Apex side all you have to do is buy a 1/8" male stereo plug and find out what polarity goes to what location on the plug. Kessil is normally very good with tech service and they probably can point you in the right direction.

https://reefs.com/2012/12/13/diy-guidedimming-diy-led-lights-with-neptune-systems-apex-controller/

Good luck and good reefing...

mal7887

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aquabus wired to CAT6 to expand to my garage. Its actually burried and run through my yard since my tank and garage are on oppsite sides of the house. I've been running with this for over a year with no issues.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back