Aquamaxx reactors how to

txmk4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The job is simple, one pump to support multiple things. Attached you'll see the entire return piping in red. The aquamaxx has about 6 tablespoons of rowaphos rumbling gently. I replace the gfo once a month. With this and the algae scrubber, my parameters are super sta
Middle valve is for gfo.
can I install manifold in my existing sump let me upload a picture of my sump and plumbing may be then you guys will be able to guide me better

txmk4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
attached is a pic of my sump how would I set my reactors?

Attachments

• 20230427_195512.jpg
    20230427_195512.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 53

Snowxcross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
attached is a pic of my sump how would I set my reactors?
So as others have stated, you can easily put a pump into your return section of your sump. Simply run a hose to the Aquamaxx reactor intake (from the new pump). Then, run a hose from the output of the Aquamaxx back to the return section... Like a said, put a flow valve on the end of that tube so you can control the water flow.. Unless (as someone mentioned), you get a DC pump, you can then control the flow via a controller.

Snowxcross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can I install manifold in my existing sump let me upload a picture of my sump and plumbing may be then you guys will be able to guide me better
You can install a manifold sure, but you'd have to cut out a section of your return plumbing, add a T and ball valve, then reconnect. You can probably just youtube "install manifold reef tank", that should provide you with enough info.

txmk4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can install a manifold sure, but you'd have to cut out a section of your return plumbing, add a T and ball valve, then reconnect. You can probably just youtube "install manifold reef tank", that should provide you with enough info.
this sounds like too much plumbing involve if manifold is not mandatory I could just do what you had stated above.

txmk4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as others have stated, you can easily put a pump into your return section of your sump. Simply run a hose to the Aquamaxx reactor intake (from the new pump). Then, run a hose from the output of the Aquamaxx back to the return section... Like a said, put a flow valve on the end of that tube so you can control the water flow.. Unless (as someone mentioned), you get a DC pump, you can then control the flow via a controller.
install a flow valve on the end of output hose and place the output hose in the section where my return pump is or it doesn't matter?

txmk4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if I add manifold to my existing return pump line I don't have to purchase a pump, the manifold will push water through aquamax gfo and carbon reactors?

txmk4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The job is simple, one pump to support multiple things. Attached you'll see the entire return piping in red. The aquamaxx has about 6 tablespoons of rowaphos rumbling gently. I replace the gfo once a month. With this and the algae scrubber, my parameters are super stable.
What size of vinyl tubing are you using with your reactor?

txmk4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever size the barb is on the Aquamaxx, i think 3/4" ?
do I first connect gfo reactor inlet with my pump and then gfo outlet into carbon reactor inlet then carbon reactor outlet in my sump, but then how would I control the water flow in my carbon reactor because I was told carbon reactor needs more flow than the gfo reactor???

Snowxcross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do I first connect gfo reactor inlet with my pump and then gfo outlet into carbon reactor inlet then carbon reactor outlet in my sump, but then how would I control the water flow in my carbon reactor because I was told carbon reactor needs more flow than the gfo reactor???
Honestly, i've never done it. So take it with a grain of salt, but what you just described should work. The carbon isnt supposed to tumble or anything, so i would think flow doesnt matter as much as it does for GFO, but again my opinion.

Back