Aquarium aquascape advice, recommendations, etc

PrimaryQwilfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
165
Reaction score
156
Location
New Orleans, Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I am starting a new aquarium and wanted some recommendations on my layout. The rock is epoxyed in place so I cant move it but Id love some recommendations on plant placement and other decor to add. This is a 55 gal tank thats actually going to be brackish, but Im going high sg so i thought itd be ok to ask! Im going for a saltgrass estuarine look. I cant figure out the best placement for the plants though (theyre fake btw). Also sorry for no light, it has been ordered and is on the way.

Thanks!
20180227_103503.jpg
 
Hello all!

I am starting a new aquarium and wanted some recommendations on my layout. The rock is epoxyed in place so I cant move it but Id love some recommendations on plant placement and other decor to add. This is a 55 gal tank thats actually going to be brackish, but Im going high sg so i thought itd be ok to ask! Im going for a saltgrass estuarine look. I cant figure out the best placement for the plants though (theyre fake btw). Also sorry for no light, it has been ordered and is on the way.

Thanks!
20180227_103503.jpg
I should add the dumb beware of jaws sign is in there because it was my first aquarium decoration from when I was young. Also Im hoping the puffer I eventually get takes a liking to the cave I made for it
 
I've never done a brackish tank... well, I guess I had discus at one time, with just a pinch of salt, but not a higher SG brackish tank. Considered it... it can be very attractive, done right.

As for layout... if you're happy with it, that's what matters. Looks fine to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new