Aquarium Controller Cabinet, Product?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent 250 on materials:confused: and still need to make a template for the router with the hope that it comes out clean ;Nailbiting it already sounds like a bargain. How will the shipping and distribution for the US work ?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How quick can you get these to market? I am in need of a mounting system soon. ;)

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent 250 on materials:confused: and still need to make a template for the router with the hope that it comes out clean ;Nailbiting it already sounds like a bargain. How will the shipping and distribution for the US work ?

They ship flat packed to save on shipping and all of that good stuff. Overall they would be sold like any other product through a distributor or I would sell direct to online retailers.

How quick can you get these to market? I am in need of a mounting system soon. ;)

Soon :), I am working on this now.

zyphen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome idea! I would love to see a modular cable/cord management element as well as modular dosing line management inside. Also some sort of fan mount (top of back) to add fans and vent device heat, rubber feet to isolate vibrations from dosing pumps, and some way to label things like dosing pumps, outlets from power bars (maybe something like slotted store shelf tags where you can print your own label and bend it into a top and bottom rail slot)?

https://www.staples-3p.com/s7/is/image/Staples/m001367347_sc7?$std$

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome idea! I would love to see a modular cable/cord management element as well as modular dosing line management inside. Also some sort of fan mount (top of back) to add fans and vent device heat, rubber feet to isolate vibrations from dosing pumps, and some way to label things like dosing pumps, outlets from power bars (maybe something like slotted store shelf tags where you can print your own label and bend it into a top and bottom rail slot)?

https://www.staples-3p.com/s7/is/image/Staples/m001367347_sc7?$std$

Ooo some good ones.

The back is fully vented and the whole cabinet is made with fire rated material that is not only inert but will never rot. it can also be painted and worked with just like wood.

zyphen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that you are working on this (and making rapid progress to a sell-able product line looking at your pics), I have some ePVC sheets on hand and have been drawing up how to build up my controller and dosing cabinet/area (in my mind). I am definitely following this project!

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following love the shots so far @elder1925

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that you are working on this (and making rapid progress to a sell-able product line looking at your pics), I have some ePVC sheets on hand and have been drawing up how to build up my controller and dosing cabinet/area (in my mind). I am definitely following this project!

Following love the shots so far @elder1925

Thanks, I have almost everything worked out on them and should be starting production in a week or two. I wanted to make some minor changes and get feedback on any additional functions people would like. At this point they are easy to add.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have almost everything worked out on them and should be starting production in a week or two. I wanted to make some minor changes and get feedback on any additional functions people would like. At this point they are easy to add.

Some shots of where the powerbars plug in, And how they are accessed? Btw love that you included both apex and ghl products in the designs.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!

Awesome concept.

....Although I have been hinting at you for years for a cabinet.... I just finished mine. Might have to "start over".

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m in the nearing the stage to build this myself but you’re quality’s much better. I’m following and highly interested!

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only suggestions I have are to make them deeper. Average stand @24".

Mounting location or options for power bricks. I think that is a major after thought for most.

And a hole or area for equipment fan.

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would want to have part of the cabinet go up higher and have just a door on the front and a panel to the right and over the top since I have four power strips anchored to the wall. It would make everything look prettier. I love your idea and your design.

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would want to have part of the cabinet go up higher and have just a door on the front and a panel to the right and over the top since I have four power strips anchored to the wall. It would make everything look prettier. I love your idea and your design.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only suggestions I have are to make them deeper. Average stand @24".

Mounting location or options for power bricks. I think that is a major after thought for most.

And a hole or area for equipment fan.

This is true but with the rise of Waterbox and Red Sea I wanted it to fit well inside there stands. I also wanted to leave room for other equipment..

Not only all of this I am limited in the overall size due to cost. I can easily make this thing cost $800 but I want to keep it at half of that.

Back