Aquarium Controller Cabinet, Product?

inDcreations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,

Some of you may know that every once and a while ill build a cabinet or controller stand for someone local or just for fun.

Like this:
40232424630_427d36ebf1_b.jpg

The main issue with building things like this is the overall cost.

Well... I think i have figured out a way to make this obtainable for the cost of a average acrylic sump that is sold by the big retailers.

The idea would be flat packed to your door with a simple assembly.
thumbnail (1).jpg

Once built would look like this:
thumbnail (5).jpg

The unit is sized to fit the most popular systems from Red sea to Waterbox and if it is a little tight I have a optional base that you can use to place beside your system.
thumbnail (3).jpg

The face plates are interchangeable with the most popular product die cut and custom fit. Almost anything is possible so the customization is almost unlimited. I also have most of the popular Ipads and so on already mounted. There will be vinyl wraps to customize color and texture as well.
thumbnail.jpg

Once all installed the whole face is removable from the cabinet for easy access.
thumbnail (4).jpg

At this point these are just the first 2 prototypes but I have finished units already done and boxes. I am sending a bunch out for final real world testing. The plan is also to give some away here on R2R if i can sort it out.

As for who or when it will hit market as of now the who is still up in the air and the when is soon. I am talking to "people" to get this out as fast as possible.

I wanted to get some feed back on this from the R2R community as I think this would be a cool product that no only helps people keep there systems clean but also will let people to get the full custom look without the cost.

whats your thoughts?

thumbnail (2).jpg
Love it! Always love going through your builds, you do an amazing job showcasing everything.

I have modeled a lot of my setups (poorly ;) ) after seeing yours! I definitely think there is a market for this.

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is all cut.
20190717_114039.jpg

What you get in the box + hardware and instruction.
20190717_120958.jpg

20190717_120746.jpg

In total you can have up to 8 separate inserts. These are the standard one that will come with the unit 2 - 1 slot 1 - 2 slot and 1 - 4 slot. They can be moved around to fit your needs or replaced with the custom cut ones (sold separately) Also some LED logos and vinyl accents will be avalable.

Assembly:
20190717_121123.jpg

20190717_121334.jpg

20190717_121808.jpg

Removable face with magnets and pins for alignment.

20190717_121343.jpg

Next up is the boxes, Packing and instructions.
I will also finalize some of the custom inserts but with this standard it will be super quick as in a few hours to develop a new custom insert for sale. This will make it affordable and give you the look of 100% custom with almost no effort and low cost.

Soon :)

The back of the insert.

20190717_120801.jpg

I am still debating the iPad or tablet mounti g for the top. This is what the discussion will be tomorrow.

I can't delete this photo below lol :p
20190717_114039.jpg

I'm definitely interested in this as well! What a wonderful niche product for reefers out there! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Deez619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA no but thanks :p.. It looks like it will be on the market in weeks to a month or so. :)
Good for you! I personally can’t wait to get one for myself! All the blessings to you. I’m glad you are almost ready. You got my support!

Deez619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be for sale in a few weeks :). I am working out Canada right now..
Why all of a sudden am I meeting all these amazing people from Canada? What’s in your guys water over there? I might need to go on vacation to see what you guys got going on up there? Lol

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working out the production and jigs required but everything is looking good. So much planned and in the go for this including a full wrapping solution for the cabinet and equipment.
20190801_145620.jpg
+1 for the bat'leth on the door.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are in the home stretch..

Wanted to test out some layouts.
20190814_114744.jpg

We also did this one.
20190814_115129.jpg

We are shipping the samples this friday and should be released soonish.

Working now on the vinyl wraps.

Here is the first one boxed, Brown boxs are size testers and the actual ones will be white with printing.

We also have a full set of add ons done.
20190813_161006.jpg

Last edited:

SaleenCB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG!!! Just found this thread and absolutely love this. Would love to get one of these..following along!!!

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look forward to these being available, I just ran around with a measuring tape and have space/reasons to buy about 4-5 of them for various spots and systems.

In particular black or vinyl wrap is very intriguing for where they are more visible

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First sample done going down to the US distributor.

Box sizing all worked well and Retail boxes are ordered. Need to finalize instructions and UPC but it looks like we are almost there.

Vinyl wraps are on the table next with LED logos and non LED logos after.

20190816_101534.jpg

Retail boxes will be white with labeling.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to sell them yourself or through a 3rd party vendor?
First sample done going down to the US distributor.

I believe for us in the US it will be through a distributor to retailers (not yet named). I am eagerly awaiting to hear who and when so I can get my hands on them msyelf.

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is insanely cool. Makes me wish that I had such incredible skill. Absolutely beautiful and I'd love to have one at some point. Blows my setup out of the water...... heh heh....... anyone? No? Ok, I'll see myself out....

Citrus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great concept, the cabinet design would be a great asset alongside my tank. I already had a carpenter out to design two cabinets to go alongside my current tank. This would great and being able to add on in the future is a plus

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%

Back