OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the idea, tho in my case a hinged front panel would make more sense than magnet mounted. Swing open to get at the cabling, sort things out and then close it up again.
The great thing is that this unit can be customized as you see fit. The material acts like wood when cut, screwed and sanded. It is also a solid color product so when cut or shape it the white is throughout.

If I had a controller I would consider that as the next immediate purchase! Fantastic idea!!

:)
How will we assemble these? all pre drilled? glue? Included or need to source
I seen the FB post of a mountain of these things and your army building them..Impressive

Hahaha, Yeah it can be a little crazy for sure. I have 21 people now working hard everyday to make things happen.

Assemble wise it is quite easy and will all be pre drilled and ready to screw together. I'll post up the instructions soon and there will be a YouTube video done.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 Hey we all seen prototypes and different versions, Do you have Final unit to show? or is C.V. handling that

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 Hey we all seen prototypes and different versions, Do you have Final unit to show? or is C.V. handling that

I will post a few pictures next week of the ones we are sending out. This will be right out of the production run so you will get a good idea of what we are sending.

I will take pictures of the faceplates and so on as well.

All of my products are finished on the edges so they are not sharp and cut you. This is actually quite costly and is what took us over 3 weeks to work through.

I will post some producting images later today so you can see how they are made 100% in Canada :).

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the cabinet crew :p.
20191021_140447.jpg

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, what’s with the picture of John Banner, Sargent Schultz?
Things go wrong in a shop environment, and sometimes people do not admit when they mess up.

Most people when we get the call of "hey this or this is wrong" and go out in the shop asking my guys who and what I get back 99% of the time.

"I see nothing"

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The boxes are in, I do labeling in house so It still might change.
20191024_101823.jpg

We are assembling this week and will be packing up the first batch Monday!

I think of going Steve Jobs and have the cabinet team vs the board team :p
20191024_101636.jpg

Sooo much more on the way! Keep a eye on Made in Canada :p

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, I'm always impressed with the pics you share. The complete disregard for the "EYE PROTECTION MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES!" signs made me chuckle.

What's the next innovation, maple syrup scented boards? ;)

Yes when power tools are used Eye protection is a must. :p That is quite funny though ..

I will have a memo go out this week on it LOL.

Maple Syrup scented board... Hrmm this is not a bad idea... What about a free sample in each box :p I think however this would cause a few issues.

I think overall for products nothing is off the table.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the “herd dog” walking the floor. Keeps everybody in line. You have a very nice shop and actually pretty clean floors too.
Yes, Ranger makes sure people stay in line and alerts everyone when the coffee truck shows up. He is an integral part of my business for sure.

He also scares the odd delivery guy..

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Ranger makes sure people stay in line and alerts everyone when the coffee truck shows up. He is an integral part of my business for sure.

He also scares the odd delivery guy..
One of the interesting things I saw on my travels in Canada was the cult of Tim Hortons . Up till then I had never heard of them but soon learned that the lines in those coffee shops was always long, no matter the time of day or night. I also learned they had the BEST cinnamon rolls going. Loved to hear people say Double, Double! Course now they are in the states too and very popular here as well but not quite like Canada.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back