Aquarium Controller Cabinet, Product?

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things go wrong in a shop environment, and sometimes people do not admit when they mess up.

Most people when we get the call of "hey this or this is wrong" and go out in the shop asking my guys who and what I get back 99% of the time.

"I see nothing"
I don’t know anything about that. I know nothing.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assembly has begun...
20191025_100818.jpg

The small details make a difference..

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. When do you think Coralvue will be getting their inventory? Maybe by Black Friday?
We will be ready to ship next week, I would say a week for shipping +/- a few days..

So yea beginning to mid-November is my guess.. I will keep updating as soon as I find out myself :p.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You painted the screws?
The outside screws yes, This gives the cabinet a finished look and will help with the upcoming accessories we will offer. The Screws holding the faceplates will not be painted, however.

We have an automotive paint booth and system in house so the paint used would be the same you would see on most white cars on the road. We wanted something high quality and no supplier could offer us exactly what we wanted.

I will post a picture of the finished unit soon so everyone can get an idea of the overall look.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The outside screws yes, This gives the cabinet a finished look and will help with the upcoming accessories we will offer. The Screws holding the faceplates will not be painted, however.

We have an automotive paint booth and system in house so the paint used would be the same you would see on most white cars on the road. We wanted something high quality and no supplier could offer us exactly what we wanted.

I will post a picture of the finished unit soon so everyone can get an idea of the overall look.

Very nice. Do you have to use special screw bits then, to prevent damaging the paint when installing them? Or is it hard enough.

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read through this and I either overlooked it, or didn't see a full description of the product.

Is this like a modular type deal where you buy it and piece it all together?

For example, I run GHL setup with 2 dosers, a KHD, a p4, and 2 mp40s.

Would the cabinet be custom for that, or could I buy several sections?Attach files

Love the look of what I've seen so far

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a sump be built out of these PVC sheets?

May companies use PVC for sumps. Most commercial ones are like that— hobby level aquarists use acrylic because it’s clear. The same applies to commercial skimmers, etc. PVC is less prone to cracking, and overall a much more durable material than acrylic.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Do you have to use special screw bits then, to prevent damaging the paint when installing them? Or is it hard enough.

We have tested this and overall we have had almost no issue as each cabinet is built before heading out. However, this is a valid concern and I will add extra white screws in the packaging.

We think the benefit of the painted screws outweighs the issues this might cause.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a sump be built out of these PVC sheets?

Yes and no, PVC is used by Vertex, Royal Exclusive and so on for most of there sumps. High-end skimmers use PVC and Acrylic. This is a PVC that has had Air introduced in the manufacturing process that changes its strength characteristics and so on.

That all said we may or may not have figured out a way to make it work with the same PSI strength as Acrylic :).

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have tested this and overall we have had almost no issue as each cabinet is built before heading out. However, this is a valid concern and I will add extra white screws in the packaging.

We think the benefit of the painted screws outweighs the issues this might cause.

Oh! I thought this was a flat pack item to reduce shipping costs. My misunderstanding. I’m sure you guys won’t damage them, I was thinking of aquarists using an impact driver :p

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
May companies use PVC for sumps. Most commercial ones are like that— hobby level aquarists use acrylic because it’s clear. The same applies to commercial skimmers, etc. PVC is less prone to cracking, and overall a much more durable material than acrylic.

Big thanks for confirming this!

I couldnt get MRC to confirm it the other day when I was asking for a quote

So these beasts are more than likely PVC

1.png
2.png
3.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back