Aquarium Controller Cabinet, Product?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you like to know?

Im about to buy one of these controller boards too! Genius? Does ordering it off brs work fine or is your website better? And can the trident fit on that shelf? Or do you recommend putting it somewhere else?

Last edited:

jmwils1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just assembled my cabinet and am stuck on mounting my ecotech mp40 driver. Since it doesn’t fit through a hole do I have to take it apart to detach the cable? Not sure how people have done this in the photos I’ve seen.

flyhpr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my cabinet a couple of weeks ago. I just now actually took a picture of it.
20201018_104653.jpg

And no, I have not yet finished taking care of the cable management inside.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just assembled my cabinet and am stuck on mounting my ecotech mp40 driver. Since it doesn’t fit through a hole do I have to take it apart to detach the cable? Not sure how people have done this in the photos I’ve seen.

Yes, If you open up the driver you will see a simple plug. Use this to run the wire to the face of the unit.

We had a lot of deliberation on enlarging the holes to fit Eco-Tech controller but in the end, we decided that the over hole size would be a little much.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mom about to buy one of these controller boards too! Genius? Does ordering it off brs work fine or is your website better? And can the trident fit on that shelf? Or do you recommend putting it somewhere else?

BRS is great!

The shelf fits the Trident with no issue.

The shelf is quite handy and mount my trident on one :)

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming soon.... These will take up one slat on the cabinet and also work with my controller boards and alone. I am also working on RGB lighting for them now.

And yes I am asking permission from each and every company, I think this list is a little over 25 at the moment.
4.jpg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming soon.... These will take up one slat on the cabinet and also work with my controller boards and alone. I am also working on RGB lighting for them now.

And yes I am asking permission from each and every company, I think this list is a little over 25 at the moment.
4.jpg

Thank you so much for thinking of ways for us to customize! I would LOVE a R2R one. I’d buy it today if they were available already! I’m also a pretty big WWC fan.

giphy.gif

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4.jpg

any chance you’ll be adding wwc to the list at some point?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
many chance you’ll be adding wwc to the list at some point?

Yes, I have a list of companies still to call and ask. Making something like this takes a lot of back end work that has nothing to do with making the product but more with the trademarks and having permission to do it.

However so far every company I have to ask jumped right on board and has no issue with it.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have a list of companies still to call and ask. Making something like this takes a lot of back end work that has nothing to do with making the product but more with the trademarks and having permission to do it.

However so far every company I have to ask jumped right on board and has no issue with it.

Im sure! I just started a new reef club and we’re trying to figure out vendor sponsors. It’s a bit of footwork. LOL. Can’t wait to get some of your cut outs for my new board! Thinking I may need a second board for all my equipment though.

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi, I just received my deluxe controller board, and was wondering if you had any images or ideas for mounting the board to the wall? It will be in my garage and I’m thinking I’ll need some hinges so I can access behind the board. I could just make a box out of 2x4s to mount the hinges to, but figured I’d check with you.
Thanks!

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 I saw the clear PVC inline probe holders you now make on an episode of Let’s Talk Reef in which @Terence interviewed you. I can’t wait to get my hands on one. I emailed BRS to ask about an ETA, price, and measurements a couple of times. The only information they gave me is that the probe holders probably won’t be available for sale until after the busy holidays and they also told me I should get ahold of you for this information. Specifically I would like to know the overall length of the holder, pipe size diameter of the clear PVC, pipe size of the inlet and outlet plumbing, and if there is one of the individual probe holders that will accept an Apex temperature probe?

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 I saw the clear PVC inline probe holders you now make on an episode of Let’s Talk Reef in which @Terence interviewed you. I can’t wait to get my hands on one. I emailed BRS to ask about an ETA, price, and measurements a couple of times. The only information they gave me is that the probe holders probably won’t be available for sale until after the busy holidays and they also told me I should get ahold of you for this information. Specifically I would like to know the overall length of the holder, pipe size diameter of the clear PVC, pipe size of the inlet and outlet plumbing, and if there is one of the individual probe holders that will accept an Apex temperature probe?

I am finalizing a few things but we are building them now.

I will have specs on them soon and you should see them listed early in the new year.

For the temp probe, the short answer is no the long answer is that we are trying to figure out a way to make it work without custom-making something that would add to the cost.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back