View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sympathy guy Glad to hear everyone's OK
One of my tanks caugth on fire too
Controller start an electrical fire
They're telling me I can't move back into my house until the end of July
Lucky for me I have friends and a local pet store who is taking care of my livestock for me, so far only lost 4/5000 ish In livestock

OP
OP
Ctownjlo

Ctownjlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sympathy guy Glad to hear everyone's OK
One of my tanks caugth on fire too
Controller start an electrical fire
They're telling me I can't move back into my house until the end of July
Lucky for me I have friends and a local pet store who is taking care of my livestock for me, so far only lost 4/5000 ish In livestock
I'm sorry. I feel your pain. Nothing of mine even was recognizable. Could barely find coral or any fish in the aftermath it was so gone.

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No problem, I'm glad you found it worthy. I hope you never have to use it.

I did a little research tonight and found that I can cover my whole reef room I'm building with one fire sprinkler. My home doesn't have them built in, but my main water manifold is in the (soon-to-be) reef room and I have some PEX tubing lying around. For ~$30 shipped and 20 minutes of time, it's cheap worst case scenario coverage that'll help me sleep better at night. Especially since my bedroom is directly over the room...
My fire sprinkler arrived yesterday and I got it installed this morning. About 20 minutes worth of work and a total of $40 out of pocket since I had a short length of PEX tubing lying around from a previous project. It will be nice peace of mind. I previously had a small electrical short on one of my tanks power strips so this thread was the wake up call I needed!

PS I hope the OP doesn't mind my side conversation of fire prevention technologies. I certainly don't want to detract from their terrible loss, but this is a great example of why we should all put a little more effort into preventing worst case scenarios to the best of our abilities.

Attachments

• Reef Tank Sprinkler 2.jpg
    Reef Tank Sprinkler 2.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Reef Tank Sprinkler.jpg
    Reef Tank Sprinkler.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 38

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hearing this is heartbreaking . Sorry for the loss of your dog .glad the rest of your family is safe I hope you are able to get rebuilt soon . Prayer to you and your family

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back