The grimreefer

The grimreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15899158081821770905704098047779.jpg
Tried this but im not sure.... Its giving more surface area for corals bit feels like a pile of rocks(even if that's what it is)

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try creating 2 distinct structures with space in between them. Have you thought about cementing some pieces together to get cool shapes. You could use fiberglass rods (orange driveway markers from lowes or home depot) to connect pieces together. That would give you option of creating some neat shapes not possible just by stacking rocks on top of one another.

Take a look at structure Flippers4pups made using cement and rods.

It has cave, hiding spots for fish, plenty of room for corals and looks natural

OP
OP
The grimreefer

The grimreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try creating 2 distinct structures with space in between them. Have you thought about cementing some pieces together to get cool shapes. You could use fiberglass rods (orange driveway markers from lowes or home depot) to connect pieces together. That would give you option of creating some neat shapes not possible just by stacking rocks on top of one another.

Take a look at structure Flippers4pups made using cement and rods.

It has cave, hiding spots for fish, plenty of room for corals and looks natural
3 pieces of the rock i have are quite large.... I may break them in order to create better structures and go with your advice.. Thankyou very much!

JFJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 pieces of the rock i have are quite large.... I may break them in order to create better structures and go with your advice.. Thankyou very much!
Maybe this can help, I finished this scape about 2 weeks ago, stuck the rocks together with pink Reef Patty, visible in the photo, however I think it is not a good way of doing it, I did eventual use a type of epoxy on the last few rocks, you get from your local hardware store, two tubes that you mix together.
NewProf.jpg
RSR left scape front.jpg

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would maybe sit down and sketch roughly what you want to achieve .

definitely take into account space around the rock work for algae scrapers and flow

when it comes to drawing don’t get too bogged down in details just general geometric shapes can really Help you focus on what style you like .

OP
OP
The grimreefer

The grimreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would maybe sit down and sketch roughly what you want to achieve .

definitely take into account space around the rock work for algae scrapers and flow

when it comes to drawing don’t get too bogged down in details just general geometric shapes can really Help you focus on what style you like .
I’ve tried all types of scapes and settled on something that’s natural to a reef with no arches and a few caves for fish to hide in.....

1408E296-0062-40CF-AF14-D8B16FFE0565.jpeg

OP
OP
The grimreefer

The grimreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this can help, I finished this scape about 2 weeks ago, stuck the rocks together with pink Reef Patty, visible in the photo, however I think it is not a good way of doing it, I did eventual use a type of epoxy on the last few rocks, you get from your local hardware store, two tubes that you mix together.
NewProf.jpg
RSR left scape front.jpg
What size tank do you have?

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d stay away from the glass at least 4”(roughly) on the sides. Now, that’s my preference, but if you want to be able to see into your rock work you’ll need to get a glass cleaner in there.

I agree with this. Also will help with dead spots. Otherwise, I think it looks great.

OP
OP
The grimreefer

The grimreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on your scape or tank?
Yeah thanks for asking!!!

Ive got 2 long tentacle anemomes that are looking great... The little one was born from the larger....
There is a toadstool mishroom in there and a kenya tree also.

Ive added a small gsp frag today and some zoas.

Fish wise ive got 2 clowns just to keep my nutrients ticking over....
I've noticed my corals do alot better when my nitrate is at 20ppm rather than lower....

IMG-20200624-WA0014.jpg

Attachments

• VID_20200624_200453.mp4
    52.7 MB

JFJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ive got 2 long tentacle anemomes that are looking great... The little one was born from the larger....
There is a toadstool mishroom in there and a kenya tree also.

Ive added a small gsp frag today and some zoas.

Fish wise ive got 2 clowns just to keep my nutrients ticking over....
I've noticed my corals do alot better when my nitrate is at 20ppm rather than lower....

IMG-20200624-WA0014.jpg
Any update on your tank?

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG-20200624-WA0014.jpg
I don't know what type of anemone that is, but if you said one was born from the other, and if its attached to a rock, it most definitely is not an LTA. LTAs don't split and they stay in the soft sand. Its probably best you let the nem find a place it wants to stay before placing any corals permanently, otherwise it could move and sting them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back