Aquascape with STAX think dimensionally!

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice scape! IMO a reef tank is all about aquascape! The “ladder” you did in the center-left will look pretty sweet with some high end zoas and chalices. Only thing I strongly advise is to be very careful introducing corals to avoid the #1 enemy of permanent aquacape...pest corals and bubble algae!

Everything looks cool now, cant imagine how much better will look when mature with corals. Good luck

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya but bubble algae can be eradicated with Vibrant, at least, it worked in my tank. :)
Im yet to try it, but ive only read great things about Vibrant. I had a 65 gal reef with a 3D rock built background and bubble algae made me tear up the whole thing.... emerald crabs ate tons of it, but they came back later X3 and put me on my knees lol.
Great to know vibrant erradicates it

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice scape! IMO a reef tank is all about aquascape! The “ladder” you did in the center-left will look pretty sweet with some high end zoas and chalices. Only thing I strongly advise is to be very careful introducing corals to avoid the #1 enemy of permanent aquacape...pest corals and bubble algae!

Everything looks cool now, cant imagine how much better will look when mature with corals. Good luck

Thanks for the great compliment! It’s gonna be awesome!

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya but bubble algae can be eradicated with Vibrant, at least, it worked in my tank. :)

Yes .... yes it can! I found out in one of my systems that it does work for bubble algae.

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get your stax? Tried a small box from amazon and came in as rock rubble. Think ups booted it onto porch.

Gsp all on your back wall. Yummy. Excellent building. Wanting to do something similar, but not quite as complete. Can stax go into an established system?

Thanks!

Asbury030

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks awesome! I really like the addition of the rock on the back glass... I may have to give this a shot on my next tank, which I'm thinking will be a waterbox.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks awesome! I really like the addition of the rock on the back glass... I may have to give this a shot on my next tank, which I'm thinking will be a waterbox.

Thanks! It takes some guts to do it , but I believe it turned out very well! [emoji4]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went to Aquashella and it was awesome! I got some great deals and bought lots of corals!!
4f609e50e62803d53791ff5aedd6110d.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back