Aquatic Life RO Buddie

darnoc23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Anyone use the Aquatic Life RO Buddie 4 stage? Wandering how often do you guys change the DI filter. I just installed mine about a month ago and was only able to use 80 gallons and need to change the DI filter. TIA.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have this unit. IMO it’s better for a smaller tank because of its size. Also, does your water source have a high TDS? That could be part of the problem if you’re running through resin too fast. I replaced mine with a BRS unit that has a flush valve, which allows you to bypass the DI filter and run the unit for a few minutes to take care of TDS creep. I’ve been really happy with it. Hope this helps!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Twist-In 4-stage, but same idea. You should get a lot more use with your DI resin, but it also depends on water quality, if you flushed the cartridges/membrane after installation (and when switching out), etc.

OP
OP
D

darnoc23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have this unit. IMO it’s better for a smaller tank because of its size. Also, does your water source have a high TDS? That could be part of the problem if you’re running through resin too fast. I replaced mine with a BRS unit that has a flush valve, which allows you to bypass the DI filter and run the unit for a few minutes to take care of TDS creep. I’ve been really happy with it. Hope this helps!
Thank you! My source water reads 200 TDS. I have it in my backyard and leave it there. Does leaving it outside have a factor on the DI?

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! My source water reads 200 TDS. I have it in my backyard and leave it there. Does leaving it outside have a factor on the DI?
That’s pretty high TDS. and agree that heat can affect it. Any chance you could move it

Back