Aquatic Life RO Buddie

  • Thread starter Thread starter darnoc23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

darnoc23

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
95
Reaction score
25
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Anyone use the Aquatic Life RO Buddie 4 stage? Wandering how often do you guys change the DI filter. I just installed mine about a month ago and was only able to use 80 gallons and need to change the DI filter. TIA.
 
I used to have this unit. IMO it’s better for a smaller tank because of its size. Also, does your water source have a high TDS? That could be part of the problem if you’re running through resin too fast. I replaced mine with a BRS unit that has a flush valve, which allows you to bypass the DI filter and run the unit for a few minutes to take care of TDS creep. I’ve been really happy with it. Hope this helps!
 
I use the Twist-In 4-stage, but same idea. You should get a lot more use with your DI resin, but it also depends on water quality, if you flushed the cartridges/membrane after installation (and when switching out), etc.
 
I used to have this unit. IMO it’s better for a smaller tank because of its size. Also, does your water source have a high TDS? That could be part of the problem if you’re running through resin too fast. I replaced mine with a BRS unit that has a flush valve, which allows you to bypass the DI filter and run the unit for a few minutes to take care of TDS creep. I’ve been really happy with it. Hope this helps!
Thank you! My source water reads 200 TDS. I have it in my backyard and leave it there. Does leaving it outside have a factor on the DI?
 
Thank you! My source water reads 200 TDS. I have it in my backyard and leave it there. Does leaving it outside have a factor on the DI?
That’s pretty high TDS. and agree that heat can affect it. Any chance you could move it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new